Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Kamal, what is happening?!" I said when I saw no one behind us. Kamal just pushed me and Karim in an ice-creamshop.

"Stay here and don't come out til I come back to take you" Kamal said and went immediately. I didn't know what was happening but I was not going out if he told me not to. Karim was being annoyed again so I walked over to the ice-cream.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the guy behind the counter asked. I looked at Karim. He was smiling while watching the ice-cream.

"Which one would you like, little one?" I asked him but he didn't show me which one he wanted. He was still little to do that. I turned towards the guy.

"Can I have one chocolate ice-cream?" I asked him. He nodded and was preparing our ice-cream when I turned around to look out of the window. Kamal was nowhere to be seen. Fear crept into my mind. What if something happened? I also didn't have his phone number to call him. I sighed and grabbed the ice-cream and put Karim on a chair by the tables. I grabbed my bag and went back to pay.

"How much did it cost?" I asked him, while opening my bag to take out my wallet. The guy gave me the answer and I was trying to collect cents from my wallet and bag to pay. I really needed to watch out where my money was going. I already didn't earn a lot.

"I'm sorry, I don't have enough" I said feeling embarrassed. The guy just smiled at me mentioning for me that it was okay. I gave him the money I had and he looked at it.

"Its not that much of a difference from the price. I won't let you wash the dishes for a few cents. It's okay" he said jokingly. I just smiled and nodded. I wanted to go out of there as soon as I could. But Kamal told me to wait, oh, I forgot about that. An alarm went off immediately in my head and I felt cold all of a sudden. I turned around to grab Karim and never let him go. I looked at the chair I put him on. He was.. He wasn't there. I felt like someone threw a bowl with ice cold water all over me. I rushed over to the table and looked around. Maybe he just went off the chair. Nowhere. I started yelling.

"Has anyone seen a little child here?!" I asked the other customers. Some of them shook their heads while a woman talked.

"There was this man who took him and went out of the shop" she said. My hands went to my head. This did not happen. This couldn't.. I started shaking. I rushed over to the woman.

"What did he look like? Please,tell me! My child..Kidnapp.." I yelled while whispering the last part. The woman grabbed my hand and I didn't know that I was about to fall if she didn't hold me. I saw the guy behind the counter call someone immediately before mentioning for someone else to give me some water. Everyone was rushing next to me. I let myself fall on the ground. Tears started to stream down and I had no energy left anymore to stand up. The next thing the woman said gave me goosebumps.

"It was a white man with black hair. He had really big green eyes. He was not really tall and was skinny. Do you know him? Maybe it was the father?" she said which made me cry harder. No.. Of course it was him! They were the ones following us. Nourdin.. Nourdin took my son..

"It is the father, but he is not a nice man" I said with disgust and a shaking voice. I needed to grab my bag. I needed to call the police.

"My bag.. Where is my bag.. I need to call the police, dammit!" I said to myself. The woman beside me pushed me down when I was about to stand up.

"Someone already called the police. You should just sit down. Come on, we should take you to a chair" she said. I didn't say anything but went along with her. When I sat down on a chair, I put my hands on my face, letting the tears flow without making a sound.

"Manar!" I heard a voice and my head snapped up immediately. When I saw his face, I started crying harder. He ran over to me and kneeled down.

"What happened?! Manar, talk to me please" He said. I just put my face in my hands. He took my hands off of my face and held them. I knew it was wrong and on a normal day I would've gone mad already, but at that time I couldn't do anything.

"He took him.." I whispered. Kamal frowned and looked over at the woman beside me.

"Someone took her child" she said and Kamal let go of my hands immediately as if he had been burnt. He looked at me as if he was asking if it was true.

"Nourdin.. Nourdin took my son" I said, feeling my body shake more than it already did...

~~~~~~
I feel like I don't know if you guys like this or not. Please let me know!