Chapter 5

Not edited

________

I stood up in a reflex and hold Karim tightly. I looked around to find a place to hide him and placed him under the bed. I gave his cheek a little squeeze before crawling over to the door. I grabbed a scarf that was lying on the floor and wrapped it around my head. Then  I crawled over to the living room and saw that the window was broken. Tears started to come up but I pushed them away. I heard shouting from a distance and felt something on my hand. When I looked at it, I saw that my hands were bleeding. I mentally cursed myself for crawling in the glass and stood up. I looked around the room before going to the other rooms to check if there was someone inside. When I found nothing, I went back to the living room and saw a brick on the floor.

“Not again..” I said out loud to no one in particular. I walked over to the brick and grabbed it. It was enough. It really was.

“Ya Allah, why won’t they leave me alone..” I whispered before I heard a knock on the door. I stood frozen and kept silent. The only thing that came to my mind was that Karim was in another room and if this person broke the door, they would be able to catch him. I silently made my way over to the door and put my ear on it to listen closely.

“Manar..” I heard a voice saying. It was a familiar voice, but I couldn’t remember whose voice it was. I kept silent. Maybe this was a man of Nourdin. I wouldn’t let them know that we were inside. I couldn’t let my child get hurt.

“Manar, it’s me, Kamal.. I mean, the guy from the park. Please, I know you are there. Open the door..” he said before my eyes widened. What was he doing here? Did he do it? Was he a man of Nourdin? I decided not to say anything. He would go away eventually.

“Come on, I want to help you. Don’t be scared” he said. I didn’t know what it was but something in his voice made me want to believe him. I felt like he had nothing to do with Nourdin. But when I thought about the fact that he was here in the middle of the night, I couldn’t helpt but think that he had something to do with him.

“Go away!” I yelled. Very smart, now he knew I was here.

“Please Manar, I won’t hurt you. I would never hurt you, just.. is Karim okay?” he asked. I was pretty sure I had a frown on my face. Who is he? What did he want? And why the hell was he asking about my son?  ‘Ya Allah, protect us, please..’ I silently prayed before opening the door. He looked me up and down before his face softened and he lowered his gaze.

“What are you doing here? Did you do it? Why?! What do you have to do with h-“ before I could finish, he interrupted me.

“They ran.. I was about to catch one of them but they ran away.. I just..” he said with panick. He placed his hand on his forehead and closed his eyes. Was he.. Was he mentally not alright or anything?

“What do you want?” I said bluntly. I was really worried now. What if he was taking his time here so that someone else could go in through the window..

“After the incident at the park.. I just-I couldn’t go home. I felt like I needed to be here cause I was scared. Why, I don’t know” he said. Wha..

“So, you were the whole time outside here? You have nothing to do with them?” I asked him. He looked me in the eyes and I could see that what he was about to say, it wouldn’t be a lie.

“I was just waiting outside. I have nothing to do with them. Where is Karim?” he said. When I was about to answer, I saw Thea coming towards me. She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back.

“What happened?” she asked me. I just shook my head and mentioned for her to go in. She went inside and I turned to the guy.

“Come in.. if you want?” I said. It was pretty cold and he was standing outside for a long time, which I still didn’t get the reason of. He just nodded and I stepped aside, for him to go in without any contact.

“Where is Karim?” he asked me. I sighed and went to my bedroom. When I went in, I turned on the light and grabbed Karim. He was still sleeping and I knew he wouldn’t wake up for a long time. I kissed his cheek before walking back to the livingroom with him. When the guy saw him, his eyes softened and he was staring at Karim the whole time. This was so weird..

~

“I think he is hidden under her bed. I told her to put him there when something happens” The old woman said and I nodded. I didn’t know what was going on and I hoped that the two of them were okay. Manar came in with Karim and I couldn’t help but feel relieved when I saw him peacefully sleeping. It was weird and I didn’t know why I felt this way with a child. I was never a fan of children but this little guy just.. I didn’t know. Manar went over to the couch and sat down. Me and Thea did the same but we sat down on the couch in front of her.

“Dont worry, dear. They can’t do anyting. You said yourself that he is in prison now” The old woman said. I frowned. What did she mean with that? Who was this about? Manar just looked at the floor with a sour expression.

“I know.. I just. What if they take Karim from me? They are powerful, you know that. They can take him without moving a muscle” Manar said with a scared voice. I felt the blood in me boil. I didn’t know who they were but no one can take a child from the mother. Who the hell do they think they are?

“We will fight back. If you say yes, I can give you the money my husband left me. I am old, I don’t need it” the old woman said but Manar shook immediately her head.

“I can’t take that, Thea. I am alone and I need to do this alone. Allah sees everything anyway. I can’t take anything that is yours, especially money. I didn’t work for it, so I don’t want it” Manar said. She was strong. I didn’t even know what was ging on but she was strong.

“Maybe I can help?” I asked her. I mean, I have money. I have status. The only thing she needed to do was to tell me what had happened. I will personally kill everyone who wanted to hurt this family.

“Thanks, but no. You guys should just don’t get yourself involved with this. I can’t let you hurt” she said to me and the old woman. I guess she was one stubborn lady. I had a plan. But I needed her to agree with me. I couldn’t do it without her.

___________

Islam is my Life:)

“I didn’t do much for my religion lately. I feel like, I don’t deserve the things Allah gave me just because I left praying. I feel like, I can’t ask him anything anymore just because I didn’t do what he asked me to do. And that makes me drift apart from my religion slowly by slowly. What do I do now?” I got this question. I completely understood what the person felt cause I have these times too where I feel like this. We all have some lazy moments where we don’t feel like doing anything. I have them a lot especially cause of school and the masjid and stuff. But the part is, we have to combine this world with religion. Islam is not just a religion, it is a way of living. It shows us how to live the right way.
Sometimes, we can feel like we are not worth asking anything from Allah, but that’s not true. Allah said to us to ask him everything, even the littlest thing. He is the only one who can give and take. If you think like you are not worth it, you will distance yourself from the religion cause you won’t do anything anymore. You would feel worthless and just stop doing anything at all which is a big waste. We need every minute of our lives. Every minute can help us to get Jannah. And the key is patience. It really is. Without patience it won’t work. I know you would feel sad about doing nothing anymore but just take little steps. Start with a few salaah a day and build it up. Its okay, its not good but if that is what is going to help you, do it your own way. Allah knows everything that goes through us and our intention. If you really want it, you can do it. But don’t forget that by not doing things (for example salaah) you will have to get it done eventually. Maybe in this world, maybe in the other. You just have to motivate yourself. Most of the time stuff like this happen just because a person doesn’t have much knowledge about why they have to do such thing. So, if you can’t get yourself to, for example, pray anymore just go and read books/stories about praying. Watch Islamic videos and build your motivation up. I am obsessed with ‘we heart it’ cause it really helps me to motivate myself. There are a lot of images with inspirational and motivational thoughts which helps me a lot. You can do that too. There are a lot of things we can get the motivation from and in the end, we will do the right thing in shaa Allah. Just never loose patience and hope. Allah sees us. May Allah guide us all.

This was not the best Islam is my Life, but I really ran out of topics. I should start making a list again. I am also going to put all the Islam is my Life episodes in one story, which I will publish later, so that you can look back at it when you want without searching through the whole story. If you have any topic you want just let me know:)

Thank you!