Chapter 42

Chapter 42

"What's wrong?" he asked me after he played with Karim. It was getting darker and colder, so we were going home. I shrugged my shoulders looking to the left. The snow of last month was gone and you could see the first grass of the year. I took in a deep breath, letting the emptiness fill with the amazing scent of the outside.

"You know, we should be more grateful.."I said after a while. I felt Kamal's stare on me, but he didn't say anything. We were near my house. It was really dark in this street because of the high buildings. Thea was standing outside the house, just looking around. She always did that. Every evening just staying outside, waiting til the sun goes down. Don't ask me why though. She walked over to me and started talking, but I couldn't hear anything. My mind was just shut. I saw her taking Karim from Kamal and getting inside. I wasn't moving and neither was Kamal. We just stood like that. Me against the wall with my arms crossed and he just in front of me, far away.

"How is your relation with Allah?" I asked him out of nowhere. The feeling of him being far from him made me feel very bad.

"I don't know. I mean, I am muslim but thats all" he told me. I nodded briefly.

"Has your parents never taught you or..?" I asked, just to learn about him.

"Not really. They are not practising or anything. Though I have a friend who has a religious family and as far as I know they're really cool. He is my best friend by the way, you should meet him sometime" he said. A chill went through my body. I just felt very numb after the woman.

"And are you willing to learn more about our religion?" I asked him and finally looked up at him. He looked at me being shocked and confused. He kept being silent for a few minutes.

"Why not? I mean, I have never really been in it. Like I never went to the masjid, only during eid. I don't pray and my family doesn't too. Actually, as you said, we should be more grateful. But I don't know where to start. And would Allah accept me like this?" he asked me, looking down. So he was ashamed of it. I smiled, walking over to him. I still had my arms crossed and I stood directly in front of him. He looked at me. His blue eyes were the brightest around me. It was almost dark, but his eyes still shined like that.

"You are really beautiful" he told me. My eyes grew wider. I had never heard this before, so I was really shocked. I smiled up at him, feeling a single tear fall down my eyes. This time not of sadness..

~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm really emotional right now. Out of nowhere I heard Begin Again by Taylor Swift. And that was the song that I used to listen to when I first started Wattpad and first when I started to get obsessed with Tay. I also had just learned English and it was one of the first songs that I actually understood. It was during spring and I remember listening to it when I was walking through these beautiful paths. And now that I stopped listening to music and heard it after almost a year, it just made me emotional. I am in tears actually now. I just- if there is one period of my life that I would love to relive that would be the time I first started Wattpad.. (sorry for my rant)