Chapter 71

Chapter 71

"Hey Kalil, how are you today?" I smiled while walking towards the kid with food in my hands. He started smiling and waving his arms in the air when he saw me. Seeing the smile on his face was everything I wanted. I felt so bad for leaving him here so that's why I come here almost everyday. I knew it was over with Kamal but something happened that made me want to take care of him so badly. I felt like it was my duty to do so.

I was walking on a white path. It looked familiar, like I had seen it before. Smoke was going everywhere, making it almost impossible for me to breathe. I looked around, trying to find that voice that once talked to me.

Out of nowhere I heard a sound. It was like my own voice, reciting things. It was the weirdest yet most amazing things I had witnessed.

"The one who cares for an orphan and myself will be together in Paradise like this," and I saw two fingers in front of me, pressed against each other. I couldn't see the rest of the person or the rest of the hand, it was just two fingers.

"What do you-

I forced my eyes to open and looked into the room for a second before sitting up. I was at Thea's place. I turned and saw Karim sleeping. I thought of the dream that I just saw, which looked like it was real. I thought of what it was about. And what did it even mean?

"Look, Karim is here too" I said while putting Karim on the bed. Karim started to ramble, actually he started talking more since we started coming to see Kalil. It did us both good. Five weeks has it been since I started coming. In the beginning he was very scared of me and most of the time just put himself under the blanket. I had to work to let him trust me. I hadn't seen Kamal and I knew he hadn't visited him. I had asked the nurses about it and they said he didn't visit anymore. This made me hurt, because deep down, I still thought he would be that caring person. Bet he has it going so good with Hafsa that he couldn't even come and see his brother. I still hadn't seen my family and I thought it was odd for them not to find me and lecture me. When I first told them I was pregnant, they tried everything to ruin me. Suddenly the door opened and a woman came in. She looked nothing like anyone I had ever seen before. Her eyes fell on Kalil and she stared at him for a while. I saw no emotion- nothing in her eyes.

"Excuse me, is there something I could help you with?" I asked in the nicest way possible. Maybe she was just lost. She looked at me for a second before turning to Kalil again.

"I came to take my son"

~~~~~~~~

WHUT