Chapter 41

Chapter 41

"You wanna try?" I asked Kamal when he was trying to feed Karim some ice-cream. He looked at me before taking a bite out of my ice-cream.

"I didn't say eat almost all of it" I said while laughing. He put his one in front of me.

"You can take mine if you want" he said. I shook my head.

"Now you feel bad and give me your ice-cream? Hell no. And I don't even like chocolate" I said which made his eyes grew bigger.

"What?! Who the hell does not like chocolate?!" he said, while looking at his ice-cream as it was so precious. I licked mine before I acted like I was flipping my hijab. He laughed before he shook his head. Then he turned towards Karim when Karim was pulling on his shirt. I watched him giving him a little bit of ice-cream. He was so caring towards him. It was like he was so different when he was around Karim. He became more playful, more open when he was around. It was nice to see, even though I couldn't understand why.

"Come on, lets get him on the swing" he said while standing up. He put his hand out for me and I looked at it for a second. Should I take it? Can I trust him? Millions of thoughts were going thorugh me. I put my trust in Allah and took his hand, before going to the swing.

After the swing, Kamal took Karim to play with the other things in the park. I just sat there on the bench, watching them. I grabbed my phone, taking a few pictures. The weather was so perfect, the moments were so perfect and I didn't know how to pay it all off.

"How am I going to pay for this all" I said to myself, while looking at how beautiful the pictured turned to be.

"So you have it all, but you never pray? You never say thank you Allah for the things you granted me with? So you aren't grateful for everything you have? That is really dangerous darling, watch out. Before you know it, everything you have loved so much is gone" this woman that had been standing next to me said out of nowhere. I looked up to look at her, but she had turned around already.

"Wait!" I yelled. Who was this? Fear started to raise inside of me. I didn't know her, that was for sure. She looked around fourty years old. Then, suddenly, her words were flowing through my head. Aren't you grateful? Don't you pray? I folded my arms, feeling a cold going through me. I looked around, seeing that everyone was happily chatting, laughing and just enjoying. Then I looked at Kamal. He was laughing, along with my little one. A tear escaped my eyes. Did I really forget about that?

~~~~
I am really sorry that it is so short! Who do you think the woman was? And what did she want from her?