Chapter 81

Chapter 81

"You don't mean that" I said, trying to give him a chance from backing. He kept his eyes stern, til I saw a tear falling down his cheek. Before I knew it, he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. My mouth opened a bit, my eyes widened. I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. This was the first time in my whole entire life that he had hugged me. It felt wrong, yet right at the same time. The things he had done were out of my mind at that moment, and before I knew it, I had my arms wrapped around him too. We stood there for what felt like ages. Him crying quietly in my shoulder, me being confused.

"Why did you marry her?" He whispered. I let go of him like he did of me. I was still perplexed so I didn't know what to say right away. I couldn't look him in the eyes so I looked down.

"At first, I married her because she kept being in danger by her cousins. I wanted to let her and her child live in peace. But that changed. I mean, I will still protect her no matter what, but I love her. She has been there for me like I have been for her. Call it cheesy, call it stupid- I love her. And only Allah can stop me from being with her" I said, looking him in the eyes. He looked at me with a betrayed expression. I didn't understand it. I had to keep it a secret in order to save her. I couldn't let them know about Manar and then have them judging her on how she has no money and status? Never. She was not a girl my parents wanted me to come home with.

"Hafsa is her cousin. I didn't know it at first. I found out about it after I knew who Manar's family really was. So that's how she found out about it and came to the wedding" I told him, trying to reason.

"That was not a good impression. Like, how she barged in like that" he started and I rolled my eyes.

"She didn't even know. She only got a message from someone telling her to go to the address, aka our house" I said, to which he raised his brow.

"Why do you care about her so much? What is it about her? The Kamal I know doesn't care about anyone" he said, to which I took a step closer. They didn't even know me.

"Do  you even know your own son? Do you? I  was the one who was there for mum. I was the one who caught her tears when you were out there, playing with someone else. When you wanted to get rid of Kalil, I  was the one who stood up for him. am the one who has been taking care of him for years. I took care of a girl that I didn't even know. I protected a woman that had gone through so much and was all alone in this mess. So don't tell me that I am not  a caring person, because that's the first thing I am" I said, telling him what had been bugging me. I wanted to keep it all a secret, but I still feel the burn of the times I wanted someone to help me with it. Someone to be a voice to me and tell me that I didn't need to do all that as a child. He looked at me with big eyes, and I knew he didn't know all of it.

"Manar is the only one who always gave back when I gave her so much. She was always thankful and never wanted my help. I  insisted. I  told her to marry me. She never knew about my family nor about anything about me. I felt ashamed. Ashamed of you guys. Only caring about money. Only caring about what family people came from and judging it based on that. Manar came from a family that has a lot of money, but look at her now, she is in a apartment barely eating anything and taking care of her child. Yet she never asked anyone to help her. She studied and worked to raise her child. She is one hell of a role model, and I won't ever stop loving her" I said, shaking my head. I knew it was no use for me to say it. They wouldn't change their minds. They had never.

"Bring her over" I heard out of nowhere. I looked up at him, as if checking if I heard it right.

"What?" I spat out, frowning. It was not the time for any games. He just smiled at me.

"Bring her over. Even though I don't approve of it and even though she didn't leave a good impression, she is a strong woman. I know you won't leave her side, and I don't want you to think that you have no parents. So let us meet her and do whatever you want like you always did. The least I could do for you is let you go, by letting you be with who you want" he said, which took me off guard. I looked at him as if he was joking. He just smirked before turning around and walking away. I started laughing. Never knew this would happen. I closed my eyes for a second, letting the load flow off my shoulders. Thank you Allah.

~~~~~~
I might be posting two more chapters, including the final one. Please stay tuned!