Chapter 37

Chapter 36

"They didn't trust me anymore.." I said, letting all of my guards down. I didn't know why I did it. I knew I shouldn't trust Kamal but I couldn't do anything about it. I had to do it. I felt like I was trusting him already, since the moment I met him.

"When I told them what happened.. they didn't believe me.." he started coming closer. I didn't take a step back.

"I told them three weeks later, when I found out I was pregnant. I had no shame actually, because I thought they would believe me. I thought they would believe that it was not my fault.. but they didn't.." I said, letting the tears stream down. He put one arm around my waist, still maintaning some space between us. It felt different. It didn't feel like how Nourdin touched me. This was softly, like its purpose wasn't to hurt me.

"For the first time.. For the first time in my nineteen years of living, my father slapped me. Punched me. He had never done that before. I was a proud girl. I had a caring family, was free to do anything and did see the meaning of life. Till that night happened.." I put my hands on my face, trying to forget about it, even though I knew I had to remember it.

"They called me names.. They called Karim names.. And after a few days, they threw me out of the house. I had nowhere to go.." I said, letting it all out. It was the first time after court that I told anyone about it.

"I stayed a few days at Lynn's house. I mean, I couldn't stay there. So I told her that I had found a place because I won the court, but it wasn't true. I slept on the streets for a few days, experiencing the fear I would never want to feel again.

"After that my lawyer and counselor managed to get me a house.. I felt alone. It felt like these walls were going to fall on me. I had no one to talk to, no one to tell what I was feeling" Kamal had still his arm around me. I looked him in the eyes and saw that a tear had fallen. I put my arms around his neck immediately, needing the comfort. He hugged me back, tightening his grip each second.

"Please don't break me, I won't be able to handle that" I said. I felt like I was forcing him to stay with me, which I didn't want to. We didn't marry for the reasons people marry for. I didn't want to let him feel forced to stay by my side while he could've married with someone else. I let go of him.

"I don't want to force you. You aren't forced to stay with me, Kamal. Please-" I wanted to continue but he cut me off.

"I do what I want, as you already know" he said, making me smile a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't want to update til I got 45 comments but I was so excited for my chapter on Broken Blue Balloons that I had to update this one too. Lets get this one to 45 comments!