Chapter 50

Chapter 50

I hadn't heard from him for days. I called him once, but he never called back. Even though it did hurt, I wasn't going after him. It wasn't because I was stubborn, no, it was because I didn't want to burden him. He was free. If he wanted to divorce me, I would agree, even though I knew that deep down I didn't. I didn't want him to force into something that he could run away from. He shouldn't close the doors for other girls just because of my problems. That was why I gave him the space. I needed to think, just like he did. It also made me clear my mind. My lawyer had talked with my school and job, telling them that I was a few weeks off when the Nourdin crap started again. Now that it was completely silent around that topic, I started school again. I was also going to the hospital to work, two days in a week.

"Bye Karim" I said, while kissing his face. I said goodbye to Thea too and made my way to school. I was looking around the whole time, since I knew that Nourdin wouldn't stop bugging me. But life went on, and I needed to live it like nothing happened for Karim.

"Well well well, I see you started coming to school regularly now" I heard from behind me. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Even I got tired, when were they going to. I decided to ignore her, since I really didn't want to listen to her.

"Did you swallow your tongue, Manar?" Lina said, trying to get my attention. She was now standing beside me while I was sitting, doing my homework. I needed to finish it since I had to work that evening. Nope, still no sound from me.

"Nourdin has never stopped when he wanted something, you know that right?" she said, while coming closer. It made me think of the days when Nourdin had struggles at school and his hobby but managed to get it straight after he worked so hard.

"So before you know it, boom, Karim is gone- dead" she said, while holding up her finger to my head like a gun. That was when I lost it. she could say anything about me, but not about me son. I stood up, pushing her away. Before I could touch her, I was held back by someone.

"Leave it Manar, they don't deserve it. You will get in problems" I heard Lynn's voice. I was so mad that I couldn't even speak. The only thing I wanted to do was rip her hair off her head. She started talking but I was only focused on beating her.

"Get lost in your brothers-" Lynn started swearing which I didn't want to hear.

"Hope some random dude you met at a bar will do the same your brother did to Manar. Bring everything on you got girl, we ain't stepping back" Lynn warned her with her real life moments and I couldn't help but smirk at what she said. When the words did sink in, I immediately regretted it. I wished no one to go through that.

"Come on, Lynn. Let thim sink in their own hate" I said while dragging Lynn with me. I had blocked anger out of my system, since I knew I didn't need it at the moment. When we had found a place to sit, she started asking the question I had been waiting for.

"How is our charming prince doing?" she asked. I looked away, not wanting to talk about it, even though I deep down wanted.

"What's wrong?" she asked me, while putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Well.. he just went and after that we haven't talked.. Not even once. It has been going on for days now, maybe even a few weeks.." I said, with zero emotion. I didn't want to show that it actually stung.

"Why? Did something happen?" she asked me. I shook my head.

"Then why don't you call him?" she asked me. I turned to her and faced her.

"You know how we met and how we got married. It wasn't about love or anything- it was just to save Karim. I don't blame him if he has found someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with. See our marriage as a business thing" I said, trying to explain it to her. She then looked at me for a second.

"I don't know how blind you are, but I'm not. Did you ever see the way he looks at you? Like he is looking at a painting that has been done by a very famous artist. Like seeing the most beautiful thing for the first time. He looked at you with admiring eyes, Manar. I bet it is more than 'business' as you call it" she said, making me feel umcomfortable.

"I'm sure that from my side it isn't business.." I whispered to her, finally admitting it.

"Is that so?" I heard from behind me, making me feel like I got buried deep down under the ground...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't mind the grammar, I am very sleepy:)