Chapter 49

Chapter 49

"How do you know her?!" I asked him, looking with wide eyes. How the hell did he know Manar? Why was he beating me up for that? He then looked at me with confusing eyes before pushing me again.

"He is my sister, you backstabber!" he yelled, before he started beating me up again. I didn't feel anything. My mind was just trying to register what he had said. It was unbelievable- it couldn't be true. I blinked my eyes, wanting to wake up from this nightmare. This could not be true. I started breathing heavily, coughing up what tasted like blood, that made me get back to my senses again. Before I knew it, I stood up and punched Maher right in the face. He stumbled back, falling, because he didn't expect it.

"And now you're also punching me for it?! Since when did you use me to help her?! Since when do you know her?! How, Kamal, How?!" He yelled at me, making my more confused than I was.

"You and your stupid family didn't care for her, left her on the streets! How could you?! I have known you as a very protective, loyal man. Maher how the hell did you kick your sister on the streets?!" I yelled back at him, feeling completely mad. The words of Manar went through my mind. How many times she did cry for her family, that they never believed her.

"How?! Should I tell you how? Because I know she lied to you. She got pregnant from some dude, taking our pride under her feet, and then went back and accused my cousin that he raped her!" His words started to register in my mind. Rape, rape, rape was the only word going through my mind. I didn't know how Manar got pregnant, even though I assumed it was rape, but hearing the reality just hit me so badly. I was scared of the things I was going to do. I looked him in the eyes, only seeing hate. That was something that wasn't for Maher. He wasn't like this.

"Nourdin hurt her, you idiot!" I yelled while pushing him so hard that we both crashed into a wall. I then kept punching him, not caring about that it was still my brother Maher. From now on, he wasn't anymore. Someone who hurt my  woman would not be someone to me.

"She lied! Its not true! She hooked up with someone else!" He said, making my blood boil even more. I grabbed him by his collar and pushed him against the wall again, making him look at me.

"Karim is Nourdin's son" I spat out. It did hurt me though, but I had to tell him. I didn't want to think of Nourdin being his father since he is a terrible person, let alone a father.

"He is not" he said through his teeth. I pulled him towards me before pushing him back again, seeing how he flinched.

"When your cousins were abusing her verbally, I  was there for her. I  saw her cry countless times, because of you guys. The moment Nourdin was freed out of prison, was also when her nightmare started, again" I said, emphasizing the last word. He then tried to push me.

"How could you lay your eyes on my sister?! How could you do that?! Are you the one she hooked up with? I bet you are, since you guys seem to be very intimate" he said, making me push him again.

"Yes we are very touchy, since we are married!" I spat out, regretting it immediately. I didn't want him to know, since I didn't want Manar to be in more problems. And also the fact that I was preparing to marry Hafsa. He looked at me with a confused face, before he punched me very hard in my face. I had never had a punch that badly, since the last thing I remembered was him kicking me countless times in my stomach..

~~~~~~~~~~
Okay this time I'm really not updating til I get 35 comments. What do you think? Maher finally knows! But it made things mooooooore complicated.