The End

The End (no sequel)

"Don't let him get to you. You can still stay at home if you want" my mum told me but I rolled my eyes. I grabbed her hands, kissing each. She was looking at me with teary eyes. I knew she didn't support my decision but I needed to do it. I needed to get answers to my questions. Answers which I can only get from him.

"Mum, I will be fine. Dad is coming with me" I told her and she just nodded, handing me my jacket. My dad came into view and looked at my mum, who was wiping away her tears. Kalil walked in, grabbing me at my jacket.

"Kalil, bro, chill. We will play further when I get home" I told him, hugging him at the same time. He was so protective of me and wanted to always spend time with me. He wasn't very keen of Chaima, my sister. They never got along, but I knew they loved each other to bits.

"Are you ready?" my dad asked me. I nodded, walking to the living room to get my phone. I turned around and saw that my dad was hugging my mum, giving her a kiss on the lips. I half-smiled, loving their love. The biggest gift they gave me, and still giving me, are the lessons I learn by their love. They weren't like these parents who would hide their love and never show any affection towards each other in front of their children. Me and my sister saw every day of our life how they were so much in love, which made us respect them even more and respect our future spouses. They taught us what real love is and how you can live together with someone in such a peace. I grabbed my phone and walked to the door, waving at mum before following my dad. I was so happy that he agreed to coming with me. I knew I needed him there. I would never take my sister or my mother with me, since I would never do that to them. My mum had suffered enough and she didn't deserve to suffer even more. I looked over at my dad, thanking Allah for giving him to my mum and me. Even though he was not my biological father, I considered him as my real father. Parents are not the ones who bring you to the world, parents are the ones who bring you up and make you who you are. When I first found out about my dad not being my real dad, I was heartbroken. The first few months were me only living with depression. I wouldn't go out of my room after school. I wouldn't talk to anyone. I knew I hurt my parents and sister with it but I needed the time. I wasn't mad at my mother for telling me after eighteen years. I was mad because of what had happened. I was mad because I was the bastard son. I felt like I was the one that was to blame, which I now know I wasn't. It was all his fault.

"You okay?" dad asked me when we arrived. I looked in front of me, seeing the name of the prison. The prison itself was grey- it looked dead. The feeling of people in there that commited crimes was giving off a negative air.

"Yeah, a little nervous" I said. Even though I was twenty-three, I was still like a nervous child who did something wrong and hid it from their parents.

"I will wait for you in the car. If you don't feel like going anymore, or if you can't handle it, come back. I don't want you to give yourself more than you can bare. And we love you, no matter what" he said, which I nodded to. I got out of the car, and turned to look at my dad.

"May Allah bless you with paradise" I said, to which he smirked. It was a thing of us. I always said it to him, every day, to show him how much I appreciated him and loved him.

"All of us" he replied, and I turned around, walking to the place I never thought I would walk in.

I followed the security guard that was supposed to take me to the meeting room. The inside was even worse than the outside. It was so dark and grey that I would never survive in here. My heart was beating so fast, I was thinking that he was hearing it. My hands were sweaty and I kicked myself for even thinking of doing this. But, in the end, I knew that this was the only thing that could give me the peace. I wanted to know how he thought of it now, and I wanted to tell him the things that I had been saying in my head since day one.