Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Hey man, am glad that we meet" Maher said to me while sitting in front of me. I had asked him if he could come to this cafe and he did. He would. I nodded, feeling the same. He was my best friend after all- my brother.

"I heard that you are getting married with Hafsa" he said, smiling. I looked at him. I looked at him in a different way, trying to understand him. I had told him. I had told him that I liked someone else. I had told him about what had happened and he now acts like I didn't. I looked him in the eyes. This feeling started to appear in my stomach. It was hurting me- making me feel dizzy. Did he not know me? Or did he not care?

"Maher, you know about the other one. Why are you taking sides with them?" I asked him softly. I wanted to be careful. Even though he hurt me with his behaviour, he was the only one I could count on. And Manar of course.

"Well Kamal, you don't have to hide it anymore. I know it" he said. I was confused. What did he know? He didn't know I was married with Manar. I tried to remember if I had told him but I had not- I was sure of it.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. I really didn't want him to know about Manar. Something inside of me told me not to tell him. I didn't know why though.

"I mean, you can just tell me that the girl you 'like'" he said, pronouncing the word 'like' very sarcastically.

"... isn't real!" he said. He then looked at me, as if he was waiting for me to agree with him. I stood up, shaking my head.

"I can't recognize you anymore. I thought that I could tell you anything and you would believe me. Because I thought that we were brothers. I thought you got my back. Apparently not. I don't need this crap" I said, while turning around. I came here to make it up to him and he had to act like that. I shook my head. How could he think that? How could he think that I would lie to him about me liking someone? To freaking him?!

She looked at me for a second, before throwing her arms around my neck. I didn't do anything- I couldn't. Guilt was eating me from the inside. I bit my lip, looking away. I didn't want to lie to her and she didn't deserve it. But I couldn't tell her. How could I tell her that someone else is trying on wedding dresses for me and I am here hugging my wife? Manar would hate me. She would hate me so much. She let go of me and looked me in the eyes. I looked away, trying to hide my emotions.

"Look at me" she said, grabbing my face to look at her. When I did, she put her forehead against mine.

"Whatever it is, it will be alright" she said. I half-smiled. She didn't ask me what was wrong. She didn't force me to tell her. She only motivated me, comforted me.

"Oh and, know that I am very good at listening without judging, just like you are" she said, letting go and walking inside. I shook my head. She surprised me everyday, especially now that she is happier that Karim is back. I went inside and my face changed for the better the moment I saw the little one.
~~~~
Salaam guys, I am back. It was a long time for me to think about things that were happening and figuring them out. I really needed to leave Wattpad and other things to get my mind clear. But I missed it so much- I really did. That is why I waited. I waited for the right moment to come back, and now I did. This will be like a filler chapter, I know, but in shaa Allah the upcoming chapters will be better. Also, I have been reading the comments and have seen that not a single one of you has commented something about the dreams of Manar that she sees. I would never do this but here a hint: take them seriously and read them with concentration muhahah.

I know that I have lost a lot of readers by going, but for everyone who reads this, I love you:) Thank you.