Chapter 61

Chapter 61

'The notes were a promise, still are', was written big on the wall. On my  wall. Inside of my house. My hand went to my mouth. It was his handwriting. He had been in my house and I didn't even know. I immediately ran to Karim's bed, hearing Kamal behind me.

"Karim is here, don't panic" he yelled from behind me but I didn't believe it. I had to see it with my own eyes. I calmed down when I saw him sleeping in his bed, safe and sound. I didn't even know if he was safe. Heck he wasn't. Kamal grabbed me by my waist and hugged me. I tried to free myself but it was no use. After a few seconds I gave in, needing the comfort.

"You need to get out of this house. You need to move" He said. I shook my head. I didn't have the money for that. I even got this house with difficulties so a new one would be more difficult.

"Wait here, am gonna call the cops" he said, leaving his arms from around me. I grabbed his hand to stop him.

"You cannot do that! Look at what happened after I told the police about it. They didn't do anything and it made it all worse. He is out for revenge and won't stop if I keep putting the cops between it!" I yelled, trying to change his mind. He looked at me as if I had grown a second head.

"Are you sane? Are you still sane?" he asked me with a look that I didn't want him to have. His words hurt me a bit but I tried to stay strong.

"Do I look like I'm sane? After all these things I've been through?" I told him. He just shook his head, looking away.

"You know, this is where you always go wrong. You always give up so easily. You act like only you have been through so much and no one else has. I have my problems too, Manar. I am going through some shitty periods too but you don't see me complaining. I am not giving anyone the right to get to me like that. I am not showing any 'lowness' just because to win this. You are losing every time you give up so easily. Soon enough, you will lose forever and there will be nothing and no one to help you anymore" he said to me, his voice lower than usual and with a look that could kill me. I looked at him for a long time, trying to let his words sink in.

"I hate you, you know? I hate it that every time when you say something, it is speaking against my mind and character. I hate that you are right every time you say these stuff, even though I don't want it to. You are so damn right. But I want to know something, Kamal. When this is all over, when I lose, would you be gone too? Would you give up on me when I lose this shit that has been going on?" I asked him, wanting nothing more than his answer.

"I won't if you don't give up. Stay strong. Grab yourself together and fight it on your own, Manar. I will be there for you, but this is a war against your own mind. I may not be the religious one, but maybe you should turn to Allah. He is the one that gives this all to you. Learn from it. Learn from it and fight for it. There is nothing else I can do other than keeping you safe. The fight in your mind is something I can do nothing for" he said, this time his voice softer, like I had always known. I folded my arms in front of me since I felt uncomfortable. He was right, so damn right.

"Come here" he said after sighing. He opened his arms and I walked towards him, not being able to reject the invitation.

"I'm sorry" I whispered into his chest.

"I don't hate you. Never will" I whispered while letting a tear fall.

"I know" he said, hugging me closer. I took in his scent that comforted me no matter what state I was in. After what felt like forever he let go of me.

"Let me make a few calls. I am going to help you. I will arrange everything- a new house and all the things you need. Karim has woken up, go spend some time with him" he said while walking towards the living room. I turned and saw that he was indeed awake. I grabbed him from his bed and hugged him. Kamal may comfort me very well, but the safe feeling I had when I had Karim in my arms was different- much stronger.

~

I was waiting on the other side of the phone for my friend to see if he had a free house to sell. Sometimes it came in very handy that your dad was rich and had connections. When I arrange the house, there is still the lawyer left. I also have to buy some furniture, since the ones in this house are very old and almost dead. I sighed a big sigh. There was so much to arrange and I didn't even care about the money. The thing was that the wedding was in a month and my dad was annoying me with his calls to come over to there to arrange a lot of things. Manar was more important and right now she needed me. Not the marriage with Hafsa. Though I got a headache from all the things going on. I really wanted to talk about all of it and him with Manar but I know I can't. How could I tell my woman about me marrying someone else? Not that I was going to. Damn, I still needed to find a reason to not let the wedding go further.

"Yes, I've got it covered for you. It would be a high price though, since I found it somewhere a quiet area with a big garden" he said, which made me roll my eyes.

"The price doesn't matter" I replied. We talked a bit further about it before I ended the call. I walked over to the room and saw that Manar was feeding Karim. She was sitting on the bed with him and I sat down next to her, hugging her from behind.

"Pack your things, you are leaving" I said, while kissing her shoulder.

~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry for the late update. School has just gotten to me and I don't even know if I will pass this year. Please, can you guys give me some tips and motivation for this? I just feel like I'm going to fail so I'm crying all day.