Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"This should stop.." I whispered. He just looked me in the eyes, shaking his head.

"It is not going to. We didn't even start yet" he replied, making me take a step away from him. I couldn't do anything. I didn't even know what to do.

"What will happen now? What happened downstairs?" I asked him, actually not wanting to know what happened.

"He started yelling stuff, so I punched him. Then a fight started and I don't know, before I knew it, cops were pulling us apart" he said while holding my hands. I looked down in guilty.

"I don't want this all to happen to you. You don't deserve it" I whispered, only for him to hear.

"Hey, look at me" he said while pulling up my chin.

"We are going to walk out of here. You are going to tell the police what happened and after that I will get you to your house, okay?" he told me. I knew that I had no choice but to give in so I nodded. He then stood up and looked me in the eyes for a second, before we went out of there. It was a mess- the rooms were all roamed by police. I wonder why they didn't take us immediately and let us stay in the bathroom for so long. Though when I looked at how the policemen acted towards Kamal, I knew that he had something to do with it.

"You need to come with us to the police office, Mrs Debhi" I heard out of nowhere. I looked to my side and saw a policeman looking at me. I pointed at myself.

"You mean me?" I asked him. He looked at me as if I was crazy. Kamal came and stood next to me.

"Yes, we are coming" he said while putting an arm around my waist.

"Who is Nourdin to you?" a policeman asked me. He was standing in front of me with his arms crossed, acting like I was the one in the wrong.

"Look up my case, you can see who he is to me there" I said, wanting to play annoying like him.

"Listen, you little girl. Don't think you can fool us all. Know that they are not letting our pockets get empty. So be a good girl and tell the story just like how Nourdin would want" he said, making my blood turn cold. I knew it. I freaking knew it. I knew they were paying the goverment to stand on their side. Because if they didn't, I would've won the case very easily, but I didn't. I looked him in the eyes, trying not to showmy vulnerability.

"I am not talking til my lawyer arrives" I said, crossing my arms just like he did. I wasn't buying anything.

"Don't pla-" he wanted to continue but got stopped by the door. My lawyer walked in with a bunch of papers, like always. Two policemen walked after her, throwing the one that was standing in front of me weird looks.

"So, let's see" my lawyer said while going through the papers.

"Yes" she said after each page she briefly read.

"This will all help to get him punished for not behaving" she said, making me smirk at the policeman in front of me. She then looked at him for a few seconds.

"Oh, and know that we will never back down. Know that she is Hussein Debhi's daughter-in-law" she said, making my eyes widen. She didn't even like me and Kamal getting married. And who the hell was Hussein Debhi? I mean, obviously Kamal's dad, but still.

"Well, does he know about them?" the policeman said. My lawyer raised her eyebrow.

"Is that any of your concern? Get your work done, no one asks you anything"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 comments dum dum dummmm