Chapter 38

Chapter 38

I didn't know what me and Kamal were now. It wasn't like we married for the reasons people did marry. The only thing I knew was that I didn't feel what I felt when Nourdin touched me when Kamal hugged me.

"Salaam Manar" I heard a voice saying. I looked up, seeing my cousin. I smiled at him. We were like bother and sister.

"Salaam, how are you?" I asked him. I gave him the plate with bread that my mum had made. She would always sent me to bring my uncle a plate when she baked bread. Nourdin got it from me, looking at what it was.

"Its gonna be an amazing dinner" he said. I smiled a bit.

"Come in? Mum!" He said and yelled for his mum after he asked.

"Oh no, I've got some homework to do. Say salaam to everyone. Oh and, can you tell Hafsa that she should bring my book to school tomorrow, I need it" I said. He asked again if I wanted to come in but I rejected.

"Okay then, see you soon" He said. I said goodbye and turned around. It was already dark, so I fastened my steps. I should've taken the bike, instead of walking. I would be home in twenty minutes, which is not less. I mentally face-palmed myself. I was so into homework that I hadn't realized that it was already so late. I almost reached the street that was always empty. I looked around me, making sure that there was no one. Wasn't it weird? We will be scared when a street is empty at dark but we also will be scared when there is someone. I shook my head, looking at my feet while walking. I was so into trying to get home that I hadn't realized that someone was following. I did realize when that person put his arm around my neck, holding a knife.

"Told ya that we were going to have an amazing dinner"

~

Something was bothering me. I put my hand on my heart. It was like my heart didn't fit there anymore. I was having a hard time breathing. I walked towards home. Though I shouldn't call it home. I shook my head, making my way in. The maid opened the door, being as nervous as she was that day.

"Shoot" I said to her, when I kind of realized who were inside.

"They're trying on wedding dresses, sir" she told me. I knew they had said something to her.

"Did my mum say hurtful stuff again?" I asked her. She didn't nod nor shook her head.

"Don't mind her words. They're only busy bossing people" I told her. She nodded briefly and walked away. I didn't like it when they were mistreating our maids. I didn't even understand why we had maids. Okay, we had a big house, but still. They were treated like slaves. The poor girls couldn't even speak next to them. I walked towards the living room, seeing my mum and the mother of Hafsa. I can't even remember her name. Did I even heard it ever?

"Salaam Kamal, come, you just came at the right time" my mother said. The whole living room was a mess. Fabric was lying everywhere. Mum's little catwalk was set in the middle of the room.

"What's going on here?" I asked them. The mother of Hafsa smiled at me.

"Hafsa is trying on wedding dresses. Wait a minute, she should be out by now" she said, pointing at the door in the corner of the living room. It was a little dressing room. Mum wanted that because she would invite stylists and try everything before she would buy it. I turned around, wanting to get out of here.

"Kamal!" someone yelled from behind me. I turned towards the annoying voice. I know, I shouldn't think that. Hafsa was wearing a wedding dress, that was just way too big for my liking. Her head was covered in a colour fabric that didn't suit the wedding dress.

"Do you like it?" she asked me. I just looked at her for a second, before turning around. I shook my head to the side a bit. Why didn't she get a hint. I stopped walking for a second. I completely forgot that I had to end this. The feeling I felt when I went out of my car today came back. I thought of Manar. What would Manar think when she came to know about Hafsa? She would kill me, this time she would. I grabbed my phone, calling the person I hadn't talked for so long with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my books Broken Blue Balloons and I'm Miracle.
I have Snapchat, message me if you want!
BYTHEWAY OMG- I finally revealed a bit of Manar's past!!!

Instagram: mmms_29