Chapter 70

Chapter 70

I had lost everything. My house, my job- everything. I had put my school on hold for a half a year to take care of Karim. I lost it all because of Kamal. He forced me to stay in his house and told me I shouldn't work for a while. I agreed because I hadn't been taking care of Karim well and wanted to make it up. I trusted him and he broke that trust. I felt stupid since I shouldn't have trusted a random guy that randomly came into my life. I still remember the first day we met. I had lost Karim out of eyesight and saw him in Kamal's arms. I thought he was about to kidnap him but he was just trying to help. The fact that he protected me from my cousin who wanted my child was giving me goosebumps now. Maybe it was staged, I don't know, but I was really thankful for that. I didn't even realize he was muslim til he said salaam. His blond hair and blue eyes didn't give that away. I smiled while laying in bed. I wanted to forget the fact that he was being the best person to me and I also wanted to forget how he betrayed me. I turned to my side facing Karim. He was sleeping peacefully and I put my arm over him, taking in his scent.

"You will be raised as someone who will respect women. Don't ever raise a hand or touch women except for the love of your life. Your mommy couldn't be that lucky, though I got you out of it. You beautiful little one" I whispered, pushing his hair out of his face. I felt sleep taking over my mind, and I embraced that feeling.

~

I drove towards home. I didn't want to go there. I hated that place so much. Kicking the steering wheel, I drove into the backyard. I didn't want to face them since I knew they would just give me a headache. The fact that I hurt Manar was far worse than anything but I also didn't want anything added on my plate. I was already tired of all the drama which made me want to get out of town right now. Maybe even out of the country. Yeah, that would do me good..