Chapter 48

Chapter 48

I didn't want to go to her, because I knew I would lose it. I didn't want to ruin it for Manar, but she needed a new lawyer. I looked at my side and saw her fidgeting with her fingers. I left one hand on the steering wheel and grabbed her hand with the other. Sparks went through my hand up to my body, that made me feel better immediately. I intertwined our fingers, wanting to assure her that I was not mad at her.

"I am going to arrange a new lawyer" I said, thinking of my own lawyer. But that thought went into the trashcan when I thought of the fact that my dad could find out about it.

"Why? I mean, I don't have money for that Kamal. I can't just do that. I will also loose my job and school, because she arranged that for me" she told me, being completely stressed.

"Just leave it to me. You won't loose your job- you don't even need to work. I am there now" I told her, even though I knew she would want to work, which I will let her. If she has been studying so long to become what she wants, I will let her. Why wouldn't I accept it anyway? She just kept silent, which I knew was because she was either going against me or keep silent. That just was her thing.

"We're here" I said to her when we were finally at her house. I turned towards her and held both of her hands.

"I need to go now, would you be fine by yourself?" I asked her. She nodded, looking me in the eyes with a weird expression.

"If something happens, call me" I told her, before I neared to her and put my arms around her. She just crawled into my chest like little baby and we sat there for a few minutes like that.

"Come on, get home and sleep okay? And give Karim a kiss from me" I told her and she nodded, getting out of the car. I drove away when I saw that she went into the appartment. I needed to put there a few bodyguards.

I dialed the number of Maher, feeling a bit held back. I knew I had to call him but I was scared that I lost my best friend, which I didn't want to.

"Yeah?" he said when he picked up. It would sound very gay, but I even missed this dude's voice.

"Where are you?" I asked him, wanting to meet up.

"I'm with my cousin, why?" he said, making me wonder which cousin. He had so many.

"Nothing" I said and then arranged to meet up in the evening. When I was driving home I got a call from Maher, which was very weird.

"Come to the old building. Now" his harsh voice burned my mind, making me wonder what had happened. I couldn't ask it, because he hung up. I turned to left, the opposite of the way to my house, and went to the place Maher said. Was there something wrong?

I was walking around the place, trying to find Maher. It was already dark, making everything unseen. I was wondering if he was playing a prank before I felt something hard in my face. When I thought I had run into something, I heard his voice.

"How the heck did you do it?!" I heard his voice. I touched my lips, tasting the blood that was like steel. The lights of the old building went on out of nowhere. He was standing in front of me, completely turned mad. I stood up, wanting to ask what the hell that was for. When I finally was on my feet, he kicked me again. I stumbled a few steps backwards, holding my stomach.

"What the hell, Maher?!" I yelled, making him take a few steps forward. He grabbed me by my collar.

"How the hell did you get Manar?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salaam guys! I'm not that happy with this chap, because I knew what I wanted to write but its so hard to write from a guys pov. 35 commenttttttttttttttttttttttttts.