Chapter 805: Chaos in Hall Plains: War on every side

Alice’s group fought the people from the Hall of Power fiercely. It was a brutal battle but they managed to defeat them in just an hour. They suffered some casualties but it wasn’t high.

Alice sighed looking at the scenery of countless corpses around the battlefield. No matter what, the war was always cruel on both sides.

She couldn’t help but recall the war on the sub-world where they had to fight the Great Astley Empire. In that war, they had to fight every day and she killed countless people. It was physically and mentally exhausting.

Millions of people died in that war. They had to fight from planet to planet until they broke through the Great Astley Empire’s formation and arrived at their motherland.

Alice personally witnessed the soldiers who fought by their side break mentally. They even obliterate almost all the living people on a single planet.

Alice glanced at her subordinates and said, “Take all of our fallen comrades and preserve their corpses. We will take them back to our land once we finish this war.”

“Yes, Mam!” The soldiers of Astros hurriedly left.

No matter what, Alice had to respect the soldiers of the Astros that stake their lives in this battle. They would be buried with respect in the future and their family would receive some sort of compensation.

This was the first time that the Astros suffered heavy casualties. The attack on White Wheat City and this war would surely change the state of Astros in the future. They even lost some of the top members of the Astros. Elder Guan had perished, Yuko was heavily injured, the newly recruited Nine-headed Hydra was sealed again, and Yenxa had gone missing.

Alice turned her head to the side as she heard faint footsteps. She saw that it was Isabella.

“No matter what, I never get used to this sight,” Isabella said in a low voice.

“Me too.” Alice agreed with her words.

Isabella revealed a forced smile. She shook her head and said, “We already eliminated all the enemies here. What should we do next?”

“Next…” Alice narrowed her eyes and looked up at the top of the Mountain of Demise.

She could feel Souta’s energy at the top. It was stronger than before so he must be fighting a tough opponent. An opponent that she couldn’t hope to defeat.

Then, she recalled something that Souta said to her. It was about them. Souta said to her that after they defeated the enemies at the foot of the mountain they should occupy it. They would only let the warriors from Athen’s Legion to the top but would stop any people aside from their allies.

By allies, it means only people in Athen’s Legion and Dragon Council. They would have to fight any other group from other regions of Hall Plains even if that group wanted to fight the Hall of Power too.

Why?

She couldn’t understand why Souta specially ordered her to do so but he must have a reason for doing so. In short, their group has a different goal than Eztein’s group. Eztein’s group would head toward the peak of the mountain once they defeated their enemies.

“We’ll stay here and prevent anyone from approaching the mountain,” Alice said to Isabella.

“Why? I thought that we would head on the top of the mountain.” Isabella asked.

“I don’t know but Souta gave me this order.” Alice shook her head as she didn’t know what Souta was planning.

Isabella nodded. She sighed and muttered, “I want to go back and continue my research. Fighting in the frontline is too much for me.”