Chapter 948 Battle at the Selnes Country: Earth Drill Centipede III

Souta swiftly dashed across the centipede's body, slashing through its tough flesh with his weapon. Roaring with heightened energy, he accelerated, leaving behind a streak of blood-colored lightning in his wake.

Swoosh!

The centipede emitted a painful screech, attempting to shake off Souta while Kessa pinned it down. Despite its efforts, the monster couldn't break free as its strength waned. Nonetheless, it gathered its remaining energy, unleashing powerful beams in a desperate attempt to retaliate.

Focused on restraining the centipede, Kessa disregarded the beams, maintaining her hold on the creature.

Unlike Kessa, Souta dodged the incoming energy beams, avoiding direct hits. His strategy was to keep moving and not engage in direct confrontation, mindful of the peril these fifth-stage monster attacks posed.

Swoosh!

Continuing his assault on the centipede's wounds, Souta aimed for its head. Kessa steadfastly held the creature down as Souta prepared for a powerful strike. Bending his knees, he propelled himself into the air, wielding his weapon high above his head, as it crackled with lightning.

Boom!

Souta's energy soared even higher, forming a massive concentration of power around his blade.

"DIE!"

With a shout, Souta descended like a meteor onto the centipede's head, leaving a straight crimson trail in his wake.

[Archetype: Great Blood of the End]!

[First Form: Lifeless Tribulation of the Blood Lightning]!

A powerful force came down as Souta thrust his blade downward. Though the centipede attempted to create a barrier, it shattered instantly. The blood-colored lightning continued its unhindered path, piercing through the flesh and blood of the centipede.

Boom!

The centipede struggled fiercely, generating a spherical energy that expanded from its head. Kessa, who was restraining the monster, was forcibly pushed away, stumbling and falling to the ground as the energy passed through her body.

Souta sensed the force spiraling out of control. The expanding energy field shredded his armor into pieces, and he tasted the bitterness of blood in his mouth.

"Tsk, it's its final struggle... I was so close."

Gritting his teeth, Souta swiftly healed his injuries and pressed through the tumultuous energy field.

"Kessa, one more time!" Souta commanded, knowing that this battle would conclude soon. Despite the centipede's powerful resistance, this was its futile final struggle.

Responding to Souta's directive, Kessa swiftly rose, roaring to assert her dominance over the monster. She lunged forward, seizing the centipede's head. Her claws tore through its defenses, prompting the centipede to thrash more violently.

Simultaneously, she unleashed several [Bestrou] beams, rending through its flesh and exposing its head's interior.

Observing this opportunity, Souta charged forward for another attack.

[First Form: Lifeless Tribulation of the Blood Lightning]!

His form blurred into a stream of light, piercing through the energy field. His blade shimmered, weaving the combination of his two elements together, creating immense friction in time and space. It converged, propelling the blood lightning forward.

Swoosh!

In the next moment, Souta's blade penetrated through the centipede's flesh, creating a gaping hole in its brain. A flash of light erupted, illuminating the entire area in alternating darkness and brightness.