Chapter 861 Aerin

The small skirmish between the large organizations had disappeared but it was replaced by a bigger-scale of battle, a battle to fight the forces of Gluttony. So a lot of warriors didn't even manage to rest before they were dispatched. Even the chaos in Ruin Battlefield hasn't died down. That's one of the things that the large factions wouldn't give up, a piece of land in the Ruin Battlefield.

Back in the Planet Plunyx...

Souta stared at the sky before he shook his head.

"Let's go-" He paused and turned his head after a few seconds.

"What's wrong, Souta?" Eilish asked.

"Hmm..." Souta looked at her and smiled. He widely opened his arms and said, "I told you before, right? I'm a good person."

"Oh, what about it?"

"Well, it has arrived. Someone that I will save." Souta said with a huge smile on his face.

"Are you for real?" Eilish asked.

"Yep," Souta nodded.

Eilish sighed seeing his smile. "Suit yourself."

Baldur, Heimer, and Princess Dreimi looked at him with confused expressions.

In the dark alley...

A woman was running while breathing heavily. She was wearing rugged clothes and her arms and legs were full of bruises. Her right eye was bleeding nonstop.

Huff... Huff... Huff...

"Help me...! A-Anyone... Help..."

She was running as fast as she could with her remaining strength. Still, she knew that she wouldn't be able to escape from the hands of her pursuer if this continued.

'If only I could use my mana...' She said inwardly.

"Oh, you're here." A loud voice echoed behind her. It was the voice of one of the people that was pursuing her.

"The little rabbit is here." One of them chuckled seeing her desperate struggle to escape.

Her expression turned pale when she heard the voice behind her.

Why? Why doesn't anyone help her?

She already raised her voice but it seems that no one heard her.

She looked up and noticed something.

No...

She fell down on her knees as despair slowly consumed her heart.

The people that were pursuing her also stopped as they stared at her with wide smiles.

"Hehehe~ it seems that you've realized it. This alley is covered by a silencing barrier so no one will be able to hear you. Food shouldn't try to resist. Just accept your own fate and become the food of the great one."

They laughed at her. They enjoyed seeing her miserable look.

The woman looked down at her hands. A streak of tears fell from her eyes as she recalled the faces of her brethren that became food.

"No... I can't die here... Even if I were to die, I have to fight until the end."

She said to herself. She tightly clenched both of her fists. She forced herself to stand as she turned around to face her pursuers.

"Oh, you're gonna fight back?" One of the men asked with a laugh as if he couldn't believe that this woman would fight back.

Swoosh!