Chapter 838 Progress

"So Alice and others haven't returned yet?" Souta asked.

"Not yet, only Isabella returned two days ago," Gragas answered. He glanced at Souta's face before he said, "Regarding Eilish, I think you should visit her. She coped herself in her room for an entire week before she locked herself in the training ground."

"Hmm...?" Souta raised his eyebrows.

"I think something happened to her when she fought the tribes from Earthen Woods," Gragas said.

"Okay..." Souta nodded his head. He leaned his back on the sofa and said, "What do you think will happen next, Gragas?"

"I don't know. My attention is always on forging so I have little idea about the bigger picture of the whole situation." Gragas replied.

"You're still the same." Souta laughed lightly. He shook his head and added, "Just focus on your job, I will provide you with some rare materials later."

Then, something came into his mind. He looked at Gragas and asked, "What about your department? Did you teach some people your skills?"

"Oh, that..." Gragas scratched his cheek with his finger and answered, "A lot of them didn't have a talent in forging. Well, I'm not going to shoo them away so I just taught them the basics. If they are willing to work hard, then they would learn forging eventually."

"I see..." Souta nodded.

"It's not that everyone is talentless some of them show potential," Gragas added. He then rubbed his palms together and smiled wickedly. He slowly opened his mouth and said, "Leader, I want to ask you something about Doranjan?"

"Oh, you want me to convince him to provide more scales, right?" Souta raised his eyebrows and laughed inwardly.

"Yes, I want his dragon scales. A scale from a fourth stage dragon would make for better armor. As long as he provides his scales, I promise that I will supply our army with dragon armor." Gragas said, trying to convince Souta.

Souta shook his head. "I can't help you with that. He is giving you some of his scales already so if you want more then you have to talk to him yourself."

"Some? One scale per week? Ugh, it's too little. Leader, can't you do anything about it? Doranjan will fry me if I ask him." Gragas put both of his hands together and lowered his head. "Please, leader! You are my hope! Just make it five scales per week, no, three are enough!"

Souta sighed and smiled wryly, "I'm afraid I can't help you."

"Leader...!!" Gragas collapsed on the floor. He couldn't convince Souta and he couldn't talk to Doranjan about it since it would endanger his life.

"Let's stop for now, I'll go and visit Isabella first." Souta stood up and patted Gragas shoulder. He picked up the vajra sword, then strode forward and left Gragas in this room.

Saya had fallen into slumber after the battle. She spends a lot of energy helping him maintain his body and control the energy released from the Archetype. Without her, he wouldn't be able to defeat No God Emperor.

The battle took a heavy toll on his body. Even the parasite queen was still exhausted up until now. Souta could feel it since it was inside his body. Also, the other parasites were gone so he couldn't increase the number of the soldiers that had a parasite for the time being.

The price he had to pay just to win was heavy. Especially, since he literally sacrificed the one he could call his student, Yenxa.

Souta arrived in front of the lab. He raised his hand and knocked on the door. After a few seconds, he stared right through the walls and found that Isabella was busy with her experiments.