Chapter 896 Gilaine Botano

"How did you come to know of my presence?" Souta inquired of the young girl.

The girl remained on the opposite side of the barrier, her hair seemingly rooted in the ground. Her pure white eyes appeared fixed on him as if observing his every move.

"I sensed your energy, sir," the girl responded.

"Hmm... You were able to detect me?" Souta raised an eyebrow, finding himself somewhat surprised.

He hadn't anticipated that this girl would detect him. Despite his efforts to avoid the sensors in the area, she still managed to sense him.

While not an expert in stealth, Souta was confident in his ability to elude the senses of those with weaker energy control than himself.

"Um... Sir, may I ask who you are?" the girl inquired, tilting her head.

Souta sighed as he regarded the girl. He mustered a smile and inquired, "Do you not know me?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I do not recognize you," the girl replied.

Souta remained silent as he observed the young girl. This girl appeared slightly peculiar, and her extraordinary nature was evident from both her appearance and her ability to sense his presence. Yet, her power level was notably low; he discerned that her mana pool remained in a gaseous state, not even liquefied.

"I go by the name William. People also refer to me as the Great Hero," Souta stated.

"Sir William...?" the young girl murmured.

"Yes, that's my name," Souta responded with a gentle smile. "And what about you? What's your name?"

"Gilaine, Gilaine Botano. But you can call me Gil," the young girl replied.

'Botano...? So she's likely the hidden sixth child of Paente Botano,' Souta surmised in his mind. Taking a deep breath, he inquired, "Gil, what brings you to this place?"

"Me? Well... My father told me to stay here," Gilaine replied.

Souta posed various questions, and Gilaine answered them candidly.

He verified that this young girl was indeed the concealed sixth child of Paente. Her concealment was attributed to a disease she bore, one believed to be contagious to others.

Disease? That's inaccurate. Paente had deceived Giliane. She did not possess any disease; she simply had an unusual body that posed no risk of contamination to others.

It took him a while to conclude a series of questions and answers.

'What's your take on this, Saya?' Souta inquired.

'I've confirmed it. She has the Flora Seed Body. It's a type of physique with a strong affinity for the plant element and related attributes. However, she is currently quite weak... She's required to consume various mana fruits to harmonize with her body. Once she completes this step, she'll gain control over her strength,' Saya explained. 'This is quite distinct from your body, which allows you to amplify dark elements. You've further evolved your innate body, resembling a person equipped with a high-grade artifact.'

'Why is she enduring such suffering? I didn't undergo that kind of hardship, even though my innate body is superior,' Souta questioned.

'It's because your body and strength surpass hers. Tell me, when you awaken your innate body, are you as weak as her?' Saya inquired.

Souta shook his head in response.

'This girl was born with that body. In contrast, you... Ugh, I'm uncertain about how one acquires an innate body, but I presume it's somehow linked to the assistance of the Imperium. Awakening an innate body is likely impossible. Only those born with it possess such a trait,' Saya explained somewhat reluctantly.