9. The Wedding

HASEENA'S POV

Just now I came back after taking a bath again. One hour ago my haldi ceremony . ended. Adi and siya(cousin of Anubhav) had come with the haldi which was applied to Anubhav and the same haldi was applied to me also. Tonight baraat will come .
I am feeling very nervous. First of all I have to leave my family. My heart is aching only at the thought of going away from my parents. Arrghhhh I don't want to leave them. Secondly i don't know how I will manage there. They are Royals, I am not much aware about their customs and traditions. But I think it will be manageable as Rani sahiba, Raja saheb and rajmata are, very good but what about Mr Singh? I don't know if he will be a good husband or not. I don't have much expectations from him as I know there's no love in this marriage but at least he should respect me, my works and my decisions.

"Hasi chalo baccha bua ji aur Chachi bula Rahi hain" bhabhi told me and I went with her.

______________🍂🌼🍂______________

ANUBHAV'S POV

I was sitting on the mandap waiting for her while pandit ji was chanting mantras. Pandit ji said to saad to bring her. I don't know how I am feeling. Is it nervousnes or excitement? Actually the thing is that there's no love in this marriage. It's an arranged marriage. I don't know if I will be able to be a good husband for her. I don't know if she'll understand me and my family.

I saw Haseena coming down the stairs and I stood up for the varmala. Oh she's actually looking very pretty. That dark red saree with emerald jewellery was complementing her dusky skin. She was not wearing much makeup. I found myself gaping at her but her beauty deserves that.

AUTHOR'S POV
Haseena was brought to the mandap my sam and her mother. Anubhav and Haseena exchanged varmala. Haseena blushed slightly as she found him gaping at her. She looked at him as if he was a Greek god. He was wearing a cream colour sherwani which was making his milky skin glow. They both sat on the chairs on the mandap and pandit ji started chanting mantras.

After sometime pandit ji told them to stand to take seven pheras. After seven pheras they both sat and took seven vows.

First vow - The first phera signifies the bride and groom’s willingness to bring prosperity in their lives while fulfilling their respective responsibilities.

Second vow - In the second phera the couple prays to God for physical and mental strength to lead a blissful life.

Third vow - In this phera, the couple asks God to bless them in the abundance of everything that they need to live a comfortable and prosperous life.

Fourth vow - The fourth phera is for the couple to promise each other that they will shower happiness, love and respect on each other.

Fifth vow - The couple wishes and promises to each other to lead a love-filled life, support their dreams, and accept them for who they are.

Sixth vow - The sixth phera is all about happy and harmonious life together. It gives the groom the opportunity to tell his bride the depth of his love and the happiness he has felt after finding her. While the bride affirms her affection towards the groom and promises to stand by him forever. This vow beckons the importance of health, peace, and prosperity in one’s life.

Seventh vow - In the seventh and the last phera together, the couple seals the bond and promises to be faithful companions.

(Source - Google)

Then came the most important part on an Indian marriage - The vermilion making ceremony (sindur daan). The pandit and all the other Brahmins who were invited started chanting mantras. The total hall was echoing with the mantras creating a peaceful and strong environment.
Anubhav's mother showed his a golden plate on which a beautiful and antique vermilion holder and a old coin was placed.
Anubhav took the coin with sindoor on it and turned to his right side. Haseena's eyes closed automatically and Anubhav filled her  her hairline. She opened her eyes to see anubhav looking at her. Their eyes locked depicting that even if there's no love in this arrange marriage but both of them knew they would fulfill their responsibilities and would always remain true to the seven vows which tried to erase their nervousness which they held.

______________________________________
This is 9th part of ANUSEENA - Wanna be yours. Vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thank you 💗