23. Efforts✨

Sorry for any mistakes

Haseena's POV

I entered the Mahal to find it empty. Maa, baba and dadi are gone to a relative's wedding. Baba was telling me, Anubhav and adi to go with them but today I had three important surgeries back to back and Anubhav and Adi seemed not at all interested to attend the relative's wedding.

Usually when I come home after work I go to maa and dadi and then to baba when he comes home from the company. But today no one was there so I directly went to our bedroom, freshened up and I was sitting in the room and I was scrolling reels and a food reel came.

I went downstairs and instructed the cook for preparation because today I will cook the dinner! I usually don't cook but I do like to cook when i have free time otherwise I am always into my book.

I think I should cook something which is Anubhav's, Adi's and my favourite. I have enough time to cook three dishes and the main chef of our house can help me too. I asked her if she knew anubhav's and Aditya's favourite food but she said that she doesn't know that. Maybe I should call Anubhav. No no. I should call adi. Since the day of marriage he is like my younger brother and a son to me. He respects me as much as he respects maa and dadi.

"Ji bhabhi khaiye" adi said picking up the call.

" Wo Anubhav tumhare paas Hein kya ?" I asked cause today I want to surprise him. After realising my love for him I just want to see him give a smile which he gives very rarely.

"Nahi bhabhi kyun?" He asked.

"Actually maa-baba aur dadi maa toh Ghar pe hain nahi toh humne socha ki aaj hum teeno ki pasand ka khana banaye. Isliye tumhari aur tumhare bhaiya ke pasand ka khana kya wo batao!" She completed.

"Yaar bhabhii" adi whined.

"Kya hua?"

"Mein toh sheher mein hoon. Bahar aaya hoon kaam ke liye par mujhe aapke haath ka khana hai", said sadly.

" Acha thik hai phir, hum Aaj nahi banayenge kabhi aur banayenge jab tum Ghar pe hoge." I said.

" Nahi nahi bhabhi. Koi zaroorat nahi hai. Aap bhaiya ke liye bana lo aur na unka reaction record karna aur mujhe bhejna" he said happily. Oh god his mood swings are like some PMSing girl.

"waise toh bhaiya sab kuch kha lete hain. Unke zyada nakhre hain nahi khane mein waise toh"

" Phir bhi kuch toh hoga Jo wo shok se khate honge" I said cause I really wanted to make him happy.

"Ummmm....bachpan mein na dadi bhaiya aur mere liye lasagna banati thi aur tab na jab bhi wo banta tha bhaiya uss din kitchen hazar chakar lagate phirte the" he said giggling. I have also heard some of his childhood stories from dadi and mumma in which he always appears as a bubbly and jolly child but I always wonder what made him this cold and rude.

"Tumhe pata hai kya dadi kaise wo lasagna banati thi?" I asked.

"Nahi bhabhi, but aap dadi ko phone karke punch lo na"

"Par dadi shaadi enjoy kar rahi hogi, hum unhe disturb nahi karna chahte" I said cause I actually don't want to spoil her enjoyment.

"Areyy bhabhi, dadi sirf wahan formality ki shikar ho Rahi hongi aap call toh Karo dekhna wo khush ho jayengi" he said so I called her and within two rings dadi answered the call. Adi was actually right she said that she was getting bored there as everyone was doing so much formalities. And why won't they, she is the rajmata of Rajasthan.

I told her about my purpose of calling her and she asked me why I needed the recipe and how I knew about it. I told her the whole story and she laughed and teased me just like anuradha. Literally dadi behaves like a friend. She explained to me the recipe and also said that if I wanted help I could call her. Really I never felt that I was not in my "home" after marriage.

I started preparing lasagna and garlic bread with Schezwan fried rice which I love a lot. The head chef and her helping hand made preparations really quickly. I played Ghazal and started my work............

3 hours later
Uff I completed making everything. It literally took 3 hours but the smell of food was actually very good. I thought to taste it once because I didn't want to serve insipid food to Anubhav but mumma says that if you have made something for someone lovingly then don't taste it. It's a respectful gesture which includes your love for that person. I looked at the clock and it was past 9 and Anubhav was still not home. I called him but he didn't pick up the call. Let it be itna kuch kar hi liya hai toh thoda intezaar kar hi lenge.

Author's POV
The clock ticked 11:30 when Anubhav entered the mansion. He went to their room but frowned not being able to see Haseena. He had already messaged her to eat and sleep but she wasn't in room. He checked the washroom, closet and balcony. She was nowhere. He searched everywhere and then went to the dinning hall to find her asleep on the dining table. Covered bowls were kept on the dining table. Two clean plates and two pairs of cutlery was kept on the table. All other plates and cutlery were removed by the servants. He understood that Haseena hadn't had the dinner yet. He signed and caressed her head. She fluttered her eyes before opening it suddenly.

"Ohh aap aa Gaye, sorry humari aankh lag gayi hume pata hi nahi chala" she apologized.

"Khana kyun nahi khaya abhi tak, humne message Kiya tha na ki dinner kar lena, hume late hoga" he said making her face fall.

"Humne message dekha hi nahi. Toh aap khana kha kar aaye hain. Thik hai phir hum rakh dete hain yeh sab" her voice changing. When she started it had a tinge of excitement in it but now it sounded disappointment and sadness. She walked past him but he held her arm stopping her. She turned towards him. He left her arm and held her waist pulling her closer. He came closer to her and placed a soft kiss on her nose making her shy.

"I am very hungry so can we eat now" he said making her look at him. She was confused.

"You haven't had the dinner?" She asked.

"No baby, so can we eat now" he said making her shy as he called her baby. It was the first time he was addressing her other than her name. She immediately went to dinning table and arranged the plates. Anubhav tried to help her but she didn't even let him see the food.

"Nahi nahi aapat dekho, sup... Suprise hai" she said cutely making him smile. She served it and made Anubhav close his eyes.

"Ab aankhe khol sakte ho" she said and he opened his eyes and he smiled seeing lasagna.

Anubhav's POV
Oh so the dinner is lasagne today. I made me remember my childhood when dadi used to make it. I have had lasagna from many 5 star and 7 star restaurants but it could never match that taste. Maybe it was her love for us which maad eit so tasty.

I took the cutlery and put a bite in mouth. (He closed his eyes) Ohhh damn. It tasted the same. I looked at her who was lookinv at me worriedly.

"Kya hua? Acha nahi hai?" She asked me. Oh silly questions.

"Dadi Ghar AA gayi ?" I asked and her face showed confusion.

"Nahi kyun?" What?! She isn't home

"Toh phir yeh lasagna??! "I asked cause never ever any Lasagna tasted like her lasagna.

"Humme banaya hai!" What the hell. I cannot believe this. How could she. It completely tasted the same. This girl is really a shocker for me.

"You're incredible Haseena!!" Actually I was at a lack of words. This food is not just a recipe but an emotion for me. It reminds me of yeh Anubhav who I was when I was a kid.
"At this point of time even if I take all words which exists and appreciate you, they will be still less baby" I said truthfully. There wasn't even an ounce of lie in it. She smiled happily and gestured me to eat. This girl always amazes me man!! I don't to lose her everr.

___________________________________
This is the 23rd part of ANUSEENA - Wanna be yours. Vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thank you 💗