33. the pain

Anubhav entered his room from the office. It's been two days since her discharge and he wasn't going for work but today they got one of the goons so he had gone for updates. His whole security team including the hidden ones were working on finding the person behind all of this but it was taking a lot of time which was pissing Anubhav to hell.

He saw Haseena who was sleeping. She usually doesn't sleep in the evening but due to the effects of medicine sleep takes over her which is quite good for reducing her anxiety but her such a demeanor was breaking him more and more. He went to her and sat beside her on the bed and gazed at her for a while before caressing her face and leaving.

He entered the bathroom and went under the shower and opened it. The drops of water flowing from his head to his body tried to soothe his inner turmoil but was unable to do it. The pain of losing his first child was eating him from inside moreover Haseena's sickness was scratching his wound. The doctor was saying that there are chances that she may slip into depression. His bubbly and ever happy wife was suffering from anxiety and he was not able to do anything. He tried and tried hard but the deterioration of her health was making him lose confidence. He sighed as he turned off the shower.

🍂🌼🍂

Anubhav was making her eat her dinner. She looked at him who was feeding her. His face looked pale but he was trying to conceal it and was trying to look normal just because of her which was making her feel more guilty. The problem she was facing now was that she was feeling guilty, guilty for everything that happened, guilty for not being more careful, guilty for giving more attention to her work. She was overthinking each and every thing and was making herself responsible for everything that happened due to which she got numb.

She held his wrist as he showed her the next bite. He looked at her questioningly.

"Aur nahi khana" she said in a very low and weak voice which was just audible. He looked at her with a hope in his heart as she spoke something after 2 weeks. Her low voice also brought some kind of relief to his heart. He smiled softly at her and didn't show much as he wanted to make everything very normal. He caressed her hair and offered her the medicines. But his small smile went away when he saw tears dwelling in her eyes. He immediately cupped her face.

"Haseena..!" He called her name softly.

"Itna kyaal mat rakhiye humara, hum ye deserve nahi karte" she spoke a sentence after 2 long weeks and in this also she was blaming herself. Ohh it felt as if someone put a knife in his heart.

"Aap kya deserve karti hain ye hum aapse behtar jante hain aur aap isse bhi jyada deserve karti hain Haseena!" He said softly trying to pacify her but got more worried as tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Nahi Anubhav, ye Jo kuch bhi hua ye sab sirf humari wajah se hua (her wails increased) hum.. humari hi galti ki.. ki wajah se humne apna baccha kho diya anubhav.... Kho diyaa!" Her crying increased as she spoke breaking his already broken heart. He hugged her not being able to see her like this.

"Aisa nahi hai Haseena, Jo kuch bhi hua wo ek accident tha" he said but this couldn't even help a bit to Haseena who was broken in all ways. Losing her child made her feel undeserving and inferior. Her wails and screams increased as tightened the hug and cried. Anubhav closed his eyes feeling more helpless than ever. He had never been so helpless all his life. His eyes were red and were tearing up after years today. The pain of losing his first child unknowingly stabbed him and was making him lose the control he had over his emotions all these years. Tears betrayed him flowing through his eyes but even those tears couldn't express the helplessness, the burden, the guilt and the pain he felt now. The same moon who had happily witnessed the union of the lovers, the happiness of getting pregnant was today again witnessing the pain of the lovers. The moon who was once feeling blessed to see them, today hid behind the clouds.

🍂🌼🍂

Haseena was sitting in the balcony looking at the moon. Her eyes were filled with tears. It was midnight and Anubhav was asleep but her sleep broke because of the night mare she had. She felt as if she lost her everything. Today when her sleep broke she saw Anubhav's corner of eyes had tears. All this while she only thought about herself. Her pain blindfolded her because of which she couldn't realise that even Anubhav lost his child. She had never seen him crying before and today witnessing his tears made her feel more guilty and burdened. She also couldn't realise everyone lost some one not just her but she was so lost and so badly wanted her child that she forgot about everything.
She felt bad.

She was busy thinking all of this when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to find Anubhav.

"Kya hua Haseena ?" He asked. His sleep broke not being able to feel her. She nodded in a no and held his hand and made him sit beside her. He looked at her. After coming back from hospital she always stayed alone and now suddenly she wanted his company. He stared hard into her eyes and gave a small sad smile.

"Hume rote hue dekh liya" he said wrapping his arms around her and looking at the moon. She looked at him.

"Sorry" she wishpered in voice which was only audible to him. He looked at her and sighed seeing her crying guilty face. He cupped her face

"Haseena koi galti nahi hai tumhari." He said understanding her inner turmoil. She looked at him. The tears in her eyes pierced his heart.

____________________________________

This is the 33rd part of ANUSEENA - wanna be yours. Vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thank you 💗