19. Shared pasts

Continued...........

They were returning from mama ji's house. Haseena was looking out of the window and Anubhav was driving. Anubhav looked at her. The hair strands falling on her face were now blowing because of the air.

"Mr Singh!!" She called him and he looked at the road to find that he was about to hit a truck. He immediately turned the steering wheel to his right and the car hit a tree.

Fortunately nothing had happened to both of them due to safety facilities. The car carrying guards surrounded them. Open the door for Anubhav and Haseena to see that they are fine. Anubhav immediately got out of the car and went to her side.

"Aap thik toh Hain na? Kahin lagi toh nahi Haseena ? " He asked her worriedly bringing her out of the car holding her hand. He supported her by holding her shoulders. She just nodded. He understood that she got afraid so didn't say anything just held her.

"take the car to the mechanic! " Anubhav ordered one of his guards. He and two others immediately went to arrange one.

"Dusri gaadi mein chale?" He asked her sweetly shocking the guards. They were astonished seeing their ever grumpy, introvert and rude talking nicely with someone except maa, baba,adi and dadi. With them also he doesn't talk much.

"Nahi! Hume dar lag raha hai. Aaj raat kahin ruk jate hain na" she said. She actually got very tense due to the recent event.

"Okay, book a stay nearby!" He ordered. 

They booked a stay in a nearby Hilton hotel.
They entered the room. Anubhav once again looked at Haseena who was still startled by the happenings. He got confused about why Haseena is still so much affected by it. Haseena went inside the washroom and came out to find Anubhav had already freshened up. She said nothing to him but walked towards the balcony.

Haseena's POV
Today whatever happened, that startled to my core. That day flashed in front of my eyes. The worst day of my life. I still feel guilty about that.

I was thinking about all these when I felt a hand on my hand which was on the glass railing. I looked at my side to find Anubhav who was looking at me.

"Tum thik toh ho na ?" He asked me very sweetly. This tone is not that normal. He is either always silent or grumpy. But sometimes he doesn't talk to me in a good tone but not like this. I understood that he was trying to make me feel comfortable. I appreciate it but now I am actually feeling very disturbed.

"Agar koi baat hai toh we can talk" he said as I didn't reply. I don't know if I should tell him or not. Though I have moved on from it in many ways but still when something like that happens, it haunts me. I saw him moving out of the balcony. It really makes me happy that my husband at least understands and respects my boundaries and privacy.

AUTHOR'S POV
Anubhav was sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap when he felt her sitting beside him. He looked at her to find her looking at him.

"Kuch kehna hai?" He asked her. She nodded. He looked at her and closed his laptop and kept it aside and gestured for her to speak.

"Humari aur ek behen thi Anubhav!" Haseena revealed. Anubhav was shocked to hear this but did not let this come on his face.

"Thi?" He asked again to confirm. She nodded

"Ji, hum tab 13 saal ke the and ridhi didi mujhse aur bhaiya se badi thi. Didi 17 saal ki thi aur bhaiya 15 saal ke the. Didi mujhse aur bhaiya se bahut pyar karti thi. Wo humare humari second mother jaisi thi. Hum teeno bhai behen ek hi kamre mein sote the. Didi humse badi thi, unki samajh humse kaafi achi thi. Ek din jab baba aur maa gharpe nahi the tab chaar paanch log humare ghar aaye aur kehne Lage ki