New kids, with unfortunate adventures

"Percy, where are you going?" He glanced at me, behind me, then back ahead. I ran to catch up to him and grabbed his wrist.

"I'm leaving... Grover's scaring me and that creepy old lady has been staring at us since we got here." I nodded and looked back over my shoulder; the lady was grinning. I slowly let go of Percy's wrist and decided then and there.

"I'm coming with." I heard Alpine meow, which i took as a me too. We walked to an apartment building. Woah, this is super tall, maybe 40 stories? Biggest building maybe I've ever seen. Percy grabbed my hand once he realized i was distracted again and tried to figure out why i kept getting distracted.

"What are you- do you have ADHD too?" He said suddenly, causing me to turn my head quickly away from the building. I instantly began to blush in embarrassment, i was never too proud of my ADHD. So, i tried my best to ignore it. No medicine, never tell anyone, and when i am asked; deny it. But i found myself nodding as he walked back over to me.

"Hey, i might just go off and look for Grover, i feel kind of bad... just something in my gut tells me something's wrong. And Grover may be my answer to that." He thought for a moment and pulled a piece of paper from his bag and asked me if i had a pen. I glared at him for a second, because i saw the pen sticking out of his pocket.

"You have one, in your pocket." He looked panicked for a second and looked at me desperately. I muttered a 'fine' and fished the pen i left in the water bottle holder out. I handed it to him as he spoke.

"If he's not there, either go here or to the museum, and if he is; bring him here so i know you guys are safe." I nodded as he scribbled something down on the paper and handed it to me. I swear i did TRY to read it, but my Dyslexia was bathing in this sloppy bath of numbers and words, which he summarized was his mother's phone number and their apartment address. I nodded and thanked him.

"Hey, Caspian?" He said as i went to walk away, so i turned around and looked at him.

"Something seems wrong, be safe, and find Grover." I nodded and realized Alpine was still in my bag, so i pulled him out and handed him to Percy. He looked at me as he held Alpine as far away from his face as he could.

"Please take care of him, here's some food." I handed him the food too and left to find Grover, so i hopped on a bus. We had been driving for an hour and this lady sat next to me, staring, i had to do a double take because i swore she had wings. When i did, she hissed at me, so i got up quickly. She also decided to stand up and open her wings.

"CRAP!" I said as she swung a wing at me, so i ducked behind a seat. I need a weapon, quick. I looked around quickly and saw my bag, If i can get it, i can swing it at her. It's not much, but it should disorient her enough. I punched her in the face and went under her legs to reach my bag, she regained balance and grabbed me by my shirt. The sprinklers were going off and the bathroom was spewing water out.

"I'm sure your father would love to hear your tragic death story, Caspian Jackson." She said my last name like she had beef with the Jackson name. I thought about screaming, but that would do me no good. She put her other hand around my neck and held my by that. I was clawing at her feathery arms when i heard my name behind me.

"CASPIAN!" The lady moved me out of her line of sight, still choking me, but now we both could clearly see the person who yelled my name. As if i had any breath, the last little bit left when i met eyes with my dead sister. Oh god, I've heard of this, people seeing dead loved ones right before they die. I kicked the lady's stomach with the little strength i had and realized i had my phone in my pocket. I grabbed it and used an app to call the number Percy wrote. I had some old guys read off to me so i could memorize it. It was ringing and i ran over to my bag (which was now drenched) and grabbed it. I ran out the bus door, thinking i was safe, but soon the lady shot through the roof of the bus. Annabeth was gone...

"Hello?"  Someone's voice rang out and i shouted.

"I- I need Percy!" I choked on my words and gasped for breath. It was so painful, but i needed to get help. I could hear discussion on the other end of the line, then Percy's voice rang out.

"Caspian, is that you?" I ran to the wooded area and spoke up.

"YEAH! I- I've been attacked I'm on interstate-" I tried to read the sign, but the letters kept moving. 945- no. 5, ugh, 459? 4-9-5? Stupid Dyslexia.

"Uhh- 495?" Percy said that to the lady in the car with him, and he spoke up again.

"I see it- mom! That bus crash!" I looked behind me and saw a nice Camero speeding up and stopping near me. The old lady was behind me and i ran to the vehicle. I was breathing heavily, and my neck was hurting.

"PERCY! She's behind me!" I shouted as i noticed her trailing behind, my throat was in pain and i felt like passing out, but i kept running. They put the window down and i heard the door unlock. The person driving shouted out of the window at me.

"SWEETHEART! I NEED YOU TO GET IN THE CAR, NOW!" I didn't question it and hopped in. She began to swerve away and i turned around as the lady was slowly shrinking, until she was out of sight. I turned around, panting and Percy turned to me from the passenger seat.

"WHO WAS THAT? She- she looked like Ms. Dodds!" His mom's voice was shaky as she carefully responded to Percy's 'outbreak'.