Bye Bye camp. Hope to see you again

"This is Argus, he will drive you into the city, and er- keep an eye on things." It would have been funny, but this guy had hundreds of eyes all over his body. I heard running behind me and turned around quickly. Luke was running up to us with a box, panting as he ran up the hill.

"Hey! I'm glad i caught you." Annabeth blushed and looked away, waving shyly at him.

"Just wanted to say good luck and i thought maybe- uhm, you could use these." He handed Percy the box, opening it as he did so. It was a pair of beat-up, red converse. Why did Percy need new shoes? His vans weren't falling apart... Then Luke shouted.

"Maia!" White wings sprung out of the shoes and Percy jumped so hard, he dropped them. The shoes flapped around, and Luke said Maia again, and the wings retracted.

"Awesome!" Grover was over the moon, excited about these shoes. I played with my necklace and Luke walked over to me.

"I also brought you- this." He pulled out a bracelet and put it on my wrist. I glanced down at it, and it was a thin, blue band with an engraving on the inside. Προστάτης των θεών, which translates to protect the gods. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, then he tapped it three times; a shield popped out. I jumped back and it hit the grass with a thump. It was beautiful; engraved with waves that almost looked like they were moving. In the middle, a glowing trident.

"This- it's awesome, Luke! Where'd you get it?" He smiled and shrugged.

"Pulled a favor from a Hephestus kid." I smiled and picked it up, the leather was engraved too. Να είστε σαν το νερό που είναι ρευστό και μαλακό; be like water which is fluent and soft. He said bye to all of us and left; tapping the bracelet three times to retract the shield. As he was leaving, he made sure to give Annabeth a hug. She blushed even harder and i covered my mouth so i wouldn't laugh. Percy looked at her and pointed.

"You're hyperventilating." She looked down and kicked the dirt; huffing.

"Am not!" She started going down the hill, arguing with Percy; i just smiled at Grover and followed down to the car. Percy stopped halfway, turning abruptly to look at Chiron.

"I won't be able to use these, will I?" Huh? Why wouldn't he? Chiron shook his head and stared at Percy and I.

"Luke meant well, Percy... but taking to the air- that would not be wise for either of you." He nodded, sourly.

"Wait- why can't he fly?" I stepped forward, Chiron glanced at Percy who gave me a look- I'll explain later. I nodded and he turned to Grover.

"Hey, Grover. Would you like a magical item?" Grover's eyes lit up and he stuttered.

"I-i, me?" Annabeth, Percy, and i all put in the effort of getting these shoes onto Grover's 'feet'. But eventually, we got it done. He stood up, brushing grass off his pants and grinned from horn to horn.

"Maia!" He hovered into the air and was doing pretty good! Until he fell over, and he was dragged through the grass. Chiron shouted that he just needed practice and i rolled my eyes. Grover was now gaining speed and was about to get to the car. Percy and i went to follow, but Chiron grabbed our shoulders.

"I should have trained you better. If only i had more time, Hercules, Jason, they all got more training." I looked down at my bracelet (only to have somewhere to put my eyes) and Percy started to say something but quit halfway through, pulling his sword out of his pocket.

"Percy, that's a gift from your father. I've kept it for years, not knowing who i was waiting for. But the prophecy is here to me now. You are the one." I smiled as my brother flipped the pen around, then pulled the cap off.

"Use it for emergencies only. And ONLY against monsters; same with your sword, Caspian. Is she listening?" I was playing with my necklace when Percy used the hilt of his sword to nudge me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah!" I nodded and Chiron rolled his eyes but continued his lecture.

"No hero should harm mortals unless absolutely necessary, of course, but these swords wouldn't harm them in any case." Celestial bronze... God killer. Got it, so we can't kill mortals, but anyone with this can kill us, monsters, and gods. Great! Percy tried to recap it, and as soon as the cap touched the tip, it turned back into a pen. Percy sat there, thinking as i started to twist around the ring on my finger.

"You can't." Chiron said, and i shot my head back up. Had somebody said something? I wouldn't know if they had, but i didn't think anyone did. Percy seemed also just as confused.

"Loose the pen." Chiron told Percy that it would always reaper in his pocket, and apparently my necklace was the same; just around my neck. Percy decided to chuck his pen across the field and i ripped my necklace off; turning itself into a sword, then threw it in the same direction. Seconds later, i felt the cool metal on my neck and looked down. It was back around my neck. Chiron and Percy started talking about more history, so i walked down to the car, but i heard one more thing before i was out of earshot.

"She doesn't listen very well, does she?" Chiron asked, and i wanted to aruge and blame my ADHD, but i didn't really care that much. I opened the trunk and placed my bag next to Grover's, then hopped into the middle seat between Grover and Annabeth. Percy gets to be the passanger princess. A few moments later, Percy came down to the car and put his bag in the trunk.