Talking with the old lady gets me killed!!

"We accept. Where's that old lady?" Turns out the old lady was a Halloween decoration. Percy closed the trapdoor behind us and coughed from the dust. There was Greek stuff everywhere, stuff from Hercules' battles, places like Circe's Isle, and other weird stuff. It smelt like lab day in my science class. There were jars of anything; everywhere, i was looking when an eye turned to look at me. I screamed a jumped back into Percy.

"C'mon, Casp, let's not make this a habit." He pushed me onto my feet, and we crept around the shelves. The window had a creepy doll sitting on the ledge and i looked at Percy.

"Where's she at?" Percy pointed to the creepy doll and i shivered. We walked closer and i poked the arm; Percy swatted my hand away as i mentally gagged. I heard a voice, and thought it was Percy; but i realized it was inside my head.

"I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, shyer of the mighty Python. Approach speaker and ask." I glanced at Percy, and he walked in front of me, pushing me behind him.

"What is our destiny?" A green mist flew out of her face and around Percy and I. I grabbed his arm and looked around. Suddenly in front of me was my stepmother. I rolled my eyes and guessed Percy was seeing someone he also hated. She turned to me as I let go of Percy's arm, and in the Oracle's voice, she spoke.

"You shall go west and face the god who has turned.

You shall find what was stolen and find it safely returned.

You shall be betrayed by one who you call a 'friend'. And you shall fail to save whatever matters most, in the end."

I heard a scream and collapsed; my vision was fuzzy, but i could just barely make out Percy's shadow hovering over me as i closed my eyes.

———————————————————————————

I woke up on the floor of the big house and groaned, rubbing my head. I looked around noticing i was surrounded by Annabeth, Grover, and Percy. Not to mention Chiron was at the table mixing something in a cup. He handed it to Annabeth, and she put the straw next to my mouth.

"Drink." I sipped it and tasted brownies from the local bakery. Well, not so local anymore, seeing as i was like an hour or two away. Local enough. I noticed that Percy kept looking at everyone but me.

"What happened?" Annabeth looked behind her at Chiron, who nodded. Grover huffed and Percy pushed my hair off my sweaty face. He looked terrified.

"Well, i was talking to Chiron, Grover and i heard a scream along with a thump. We ran up the stairs and found Percy standing over you; freaking out. So, we carried you down here and fed you Nectar." I nodded and Annabeth helped me sit up and lean against the wall.

"Perce?" He looked at me and i think it finally hit him that i was okay. He looked at Chiron, then back to me.

"I uh asked Annabeth and Grover if they would come on the quest with us..." I nodded; those were my choices too.

"According to ancient laws, only three of you are to go. But in some way, Percy and Caspian's fates are intertwined... No time to waste. You must get packing!" I nodded again and took a deep breath as Percy grabbed my left arm and Grover grabbed my right. I pushed up, and Grover pulled with Percy.

Eventually, i was on my feet again and on my way to my cabin to pack. Percy was nearby because i was shaking from all the work of walking. Makes me sound lazy, but hey, you go talk to the Oracle; see if you make it out better. I got to the steps and took a massive breath, feeling a hand on my shoulder.

"I've got you." I leaned into Percy's side as we went up the stairs and i almost tripped over, but Percy grabbed my shirt sleeve and pulled me back. We got to the door, and he opened it. I sighed and walked to my bed, crouching down, grabbing my bag under my bed. I opened it and grabbed all my clothes out of the drawers, then noticed something shining on my bedside table. $100 and a bag of 10 coins. Maybe from Chucky-Cheese? I sighed and grabbed everything else from my dresser. I zipped the back and sat on my bed, playing with my necklace. Percy sat next to me holding his bag of coins.

"I think they are Canadian..." He guessed, assessing them. I laughed and held my bag up, scanning them.

"Maybe Chucky-Cheese?" He laughed and went to his bed, grabbing his bag. Then he grabbed something from the small pocket on his backpack, walking back over to me.

"Ambrosa and nectar, i uh- don't trust myself with it. I mean Annabeth has some, but it would be-" I grabbed it to stop his rambling. We walked down to the big tree; which Annabeth taught me was Thalia, daughter of Zeus. He turned her into a pine tree to save her life. Annabeth came over carrying a book, her hat, and a knife i watched her shove up her sleeve. Percy and i shared a look, we would definitely get busted in our first metal detector. Grover walked over with fake feet and shoes on, along with his green hat to hide his horns. I have no idea what was inside his bag, but Annabeth shoved her book in it. A couple of campers waved goodbye, and we looked around the camp; just praying we would come back. A guy came over with Chiron and was introduced.