An unexpected vistor knocks on the door

"Percy... i need you to put your buckle on." I glanced behind us, and the lady was flying. I'm going to die in a stranger's car... She took the next exit and sped up to the right. I turned around and we had lost her. I looked down at my shorts and began playing with the strings dangling off. Percy's mom looked at me from the rearview mirror and smiled.

"Do you like Marvel too?" I nodded and looked back down at my shorts, suddenly wishing they were longer because of my stupid thighs.

"Oh, Percy loves Marvel!" She smiled and i tried to laugh, but i was just so terrified that nothing came out but a breath of air. Percy turned around and looked at me, he ended up doing a double take when he was my neck.

"Oh god! Did Ms. Dodds do that?" I looked in the mirror and it was turning a dark shade of purple, no wonder it was painful to talk... I nodded and we fell into a deep silence for a while.

"Sorry, i completely forgot to introduce myself!" His mother laughed as we began to drive by the ocean, and i instantly felt safer and better. That's weird... i had never been NEAR an ocean. Why'd i feel so safe?

"My name's Sally Jackson, how about you, sweetheart?" I nodded and then realized she had asked me a question. I glanced up and shook the tiredness out of me.

"I- uh. Caspian Jackson." I saw something flicker in her eyes as she glanced at the ocean, it had begun storming and i remembered the crazy weather we have been having. She pulled into a driveway.

"Percy, Caspian, get inside, I'll grab our stuff!" She shouted once we got out of the car, i threw my backpack on and ran inside with Percy. She came in a moment later and dragged Percy to the couch.

"Do you uh- have a bathroom?" I wanted to change into more comfortable clothes. Sally nodded and pointed to the door down the hall. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, God! I looked terrible, ash in my hair, soot on my face, and my clothes were all cut up. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out the other shorts and my Marvel hoodie. I changed and opened the door, Sally was shaking, and Percy was confused.

"You fell in love with God? Like- like Jesus?" Nope, close the door, go back. I went back in the bathroom and pulled out my hairbrush, a letter fell out. After staring at the mix of letters, i finally deciphered it...

Get to camp safe, Caspian Jackson.

That's all. That is all the note said. What camp? I heard yelling so i quickly shoved the note in my back pocket, and grabbed my bag, opening the door. I was going to ask what was happening, but someone knocked on the door.

"Mrs. Jackson- it's Grover!" Percy turned to me and back to his mother. I was confused, and my head started to hurt from the day.

"Grover?" I walked over to Percy as Sally opened the door.

"This is a little time sensitive; can someone please open the door?" Percy went on saying he didn't want to see Grover, but i was confused now. What had Grover done? Why is he here? What information is time sensitive? Sally began talking to him at the door, and i took that as my opportunity to talk to Percy.

"What's going on? Why did you ask your mom if she fell in love with Jesus?" He looked panicked, which made me panic, and maybe our ADHD wasn't helping the situation, because now i felt the need to fight something or someone.

"I found a note in my bag... It- all it-" Grover walked in the door, and he also looked panicked. This was begging to scare me; God, I'm so stupid, trusting random kids? I'm going to die! By the time i turned back in, i noticed something odd about Grover's legs.