The breakfast fiasco

I walked over and of course the table was empty. Although i enjoy not fighting for my life to sit down, i felt lonely... I placed Annabeth's diary down and looked at my plate. Hmm... Toast and scrambled eggs with two pieces of bacon! Ooo, and some raspberries on the side. It all appeared on my plate in a second and i turned to my cup and told it cranberry juice; which i have every morning. I got up with my plate and grabbed Annabeth's diary. On my way, i stopped at the Athena table, and handed it to her.

"Uhm, i kept onto this... thought you may want it?" I scratched the back of my head nervously. She stared at it and then i saw her eyes light up.

"M-My diary? How'd you find this?" I was about to reply when i heard someone shout.

"CASPIAN JACKSON!" And i saw an angry fat guy walking toward me, then i realized it was Mr. D.

"Crap. Heyyyyyy Mr. D! Whatcha' up to?" His eyes were purple and i realized i messed up. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the fire.

"YOU ARE NOT TO GO TO OTHER CABIN'S TABLES! IT IS EXTREMLEY DISRESPECTFUL TO YOUR FATHER! NOW APPOLOGIZE TO HIM AND HOPE HE ACCEPTS IT!" He pushed me closer and i threw the bacon in; bacon always made the fire glow brighter, which is fine by me because i hate bacon. Mr. D's eyes were a purple blaze and i knew i would be cleaning dishes for months- if i was alive.

"H-Hey dad... I'm sorry! I didn't realize that would upset you!" The fire turned blue and smelt like the ocean and Mr. D let go of me.

"You are lucky he is more forgiving than others." I felt my heart racing and hoped Chiron would come and rescue me. Mr. D grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and stared dragging me to the big house; i only realized that after we passed my table. I also noticed all the campers were staring at me.

"DYONISOUS!" Someone shouted, and i was so thankful that my hopes had been heard. I heard galloping behind me and i was turned around (against my own will) to face Chiron as well.

"I believe you are aware that Ms. Jackson was never told we are not to do that?" He thought for a second before letting go of me and shoving me towards Chiron, mumbling about 'how i can never have fun anymore'. Then Chiron patted my shoulder and told me to go back to my seat and now i know. It was the most embarrassing thing to walk back; everyone was staring at me. Annabeth looked terrified and Luke gave me a sympathetic smile. I sat down right as Percy sat down with a full plate.

"What was that about?" He whispered, so i told him. He also didn't know we weren't allowed to go to other tables. Especially sense i didn't sit down; i handed her a book... We just shrugged and i slowly ate my meal. Annabeth kept turning and looking at me; i couldn't tell if she was mad at me or not. I could tell this did not add any good points to my chart... they were now weary of me for three reasons

1. I'm a child of Poseidon,
2. The hellhound attack, and now
3. Embarrassing myself in front of almost the whole camp. Except Aphrodite, but they feed off drama, so it gets to them anyways.

I noticed over the rest of the day; other cabins would dodge Percy and I. It really sucked, we were getting used to being in the Hermes cabin, being treated like family. Now we were outcasts nobody wanted nearby. But did i blame them? I mean we had only known we were half-bloods for a week, and we had already fought the Minotaur and a hellhound.

Nobody would train with us, because of what Percy did to the Ares cabin in the woods. But Luke didn't care, he would push Percy and i, one on one lessons usually, unless he wanted Percy and i to fight again. He kept promising we would need all the training we could get, but i didn't quite understand why.

Annabeth would teach us Greek, which Percy picked up on better than me. She seemed so distant now, and it made me sad, she would always go away muttering random things that i didn't pay attention to. Clarisse would shoot Percy nasty looks, but i would do a snapping motion (like when he snapped her spear) with my hands and she would back off.

Percy and i walked into the cabin and found a newspaper on Percy's bed. I muttered under my breath as he picked it up. It was opened to a very specific page, and Percy and i desifered it together.

Boy and Mother still missing after freak car accident

BY EILEEN SMYTHE

Sally Jackson and son Percy are still missing one week after their mysterious disappearance. The family's badly burned '78 Camaro was discovered last Saturday on a north Long Island Road with the roof ripped off and the front axle broken. The car had flipped and skidded for several hundred feet before exploding. Mother and son had gone for a weekend vacation to Montauk, but left hastily, under mysterious circumstances. Small traces of blood were found in the car and near the scene of the wreck, but there were no other signs of the missing Jacksons. Residents in the rural area reported seeing nothing unusual around the time of the accident. Ms. Jackson's husband, Gabe Ugliano, claims that his stepson, Percy Jackson, is a troubled child who has been kicked out of numerous boarding schools and has expressed violent tendencies in the past. Police would not say whether son Percy is a suspect in his mother's disappearance, but they have not ruled out foul play. Below are recent pictures of Sally Jackson and Percy. Police urge anyone with information to call the following toll-free crime-stoppers hotline.

Someone had circled the number in a big black marker. Percy crumbled it and threw it across the room as he flopped on his bed. He muttered a pitiful-

"Lights out." And i walked over to the light, pushing the switch down.