Chapter 27

POV Chase

I look into the bathroom mirror ringing out a towel watching the water go from red to clear trying to hold in my tears. he hit me...he really hit me I can't shake myself up looking at my busted lip and bruises on my collarbone. I'll put my hand on my stomach thinking about the baby. I haven't told him yet I was going to tell him today when I woke him up for breakfast but waking him up set him off. I hear a knock on the door and jump thinking it's him. I yell just a minute give me one more minute. I hear a song voice Chase are you okay baby. I'll open the door and see Lauren and hug her tight. She hugs me tight as I start to fall to the ground and tears. what happened who did this to you she says. I look into her eyes and say Jayce. I woke him up this morning I was going to tell him I was pregnant and he slapped me and yelled That I didn't need his attention that bad he kept kicking and punching me and all I could do was curl in a ball and cover my stomach. she kisses my head and cuts on the shower get in the shower she says. I'll Clean up the house I want you to Relax and get yourself together. are you hungry is there anything I can get you or do for you while you're showering? Can I borrow your phone quickly I say Softly. She gives me two soft kisses and hands me her phone. when she exits the room I search for Jazz's name and call her business number. hello, this is Jazz Nails how can I help you I hear her say making tears fall down my face. Jazz this is Chase I know you said I'm no longer allowed to book with you but I really need to and we have to talk I need you to pass a message. what do you mean you need me to pass a message and no chase I'm not doing your nails anymore. after how he acted in my studio. plus I don't even know if he saw me at the hospital I'm sorry but I cannot help you. it's about divine please please let me see you at least see her and tell you guys what's going on before. I hang up as I hear the front door slam and his voice greeting Lauren. I hurry up, delete the number, and play music as I climb in the shower until the farthest corner. Chase baby you in there. I cover my mouth I'm scared that I'll cry and say yeah I'm just taking a shower give me a minute. I hear the door open and shut I watch his silhouette on the other side of the Glass as he takes off his clothes it's okay I'm just going to join you we got to talk. he steps in the shower and walks towards me pulling my hands away from my body and pulling me closer to him. but he stops as he looks down at my stomach. Hey, you need to get back in the gym you're starting to get a little stomach. I look at him as tears fall and he looks into my eyes and back at my Stomach. Are you pregnant? he says and I can't move I can't even breathe all I hear is my heart beating fast. He grips my wrist Tighter and pulls me closer to him I asked you a question. are you pregnant Chase?

I nod my head as tears fall. I washed the anger grow in his face and he snatches me out of the shower dragging me back to the room. Put some clothes on now he says. His words burned like fire against my skin. I rush to grab clothes and put on a big hoodie. he grabbed my hand dragging me to the living room as I see Lauren wiping off the table. he takes a deep calm breath and says Lauren babe come on we're going to the hospital. she looks at me and then at him smiling okay. he opens up her car door as I stand behind him and she gets in. He shuts the door turns around and grabs my throat looking down at me and squeezing it tight. You got right now to tell me if this baby is mine or not. I choke barely getting any air and say it's your baby. he lets go and rubs his hand across his nose to get and in the car. I sit in the back seat and keep my head down as I watch him walk around the car. I sit in the back seat keeping my head down. I look over and see her hand and hold it for comfort. I feel something push into my hand so I slide it down my sleeve. 

Pov Divine

I sit out in the sand thinking while the house is still asleep. I watch the waves come in and smell the salty water in the breeze. I look down and see my sweet boy still sleeping peacefully. This is it. The moments I love the most when it's just me and him. My little guy, my little heart walking around on earth. I kiss the top of his head as I hear someone walking up behind me. I look back and see Kawaii. Is it okay if I join you he says. I tap the sand next to me as he sits down. I put my head on his shoulder as we watch the horizon. I look up at him and admire him noticing the little freckles on his face. He looks over at me and kisses my head. Baby what's wrong huh what's on your mind he says softly. I'm just looking at all I have my love. I really am in a space where I am happy. I have my son and a support system of people who love me. My only problem now is Jayace but we will figure it out. He takes my hand and sits a mango in it. I laugh what is this for? He grabs the baby and hands me a knife. I love you divine and know you eat fruit when you think and sometimes you need a moment to yourself, so I'm here to help. You didn't eat last night and I see that you cut a mango this morning it was a small one so I went to the store and got you a few big ones and some watermelon he says making me smile. You didn't have to do that my love but thank you. He gets up to take Ace into the house but stops when he sees Jazz and Zion. Hi my loves I say but I can tell something is wrong. I stand up and walk towards them what's wrong what happened?