30. Before Hosu City

It was already the next day Rinji was still in recovery in the hospital

It was already the next day Rinji was still in recovery in the hospital. No signs of waking up yet, but all the test results that they did looked good so far. His mother stayed the night in his room, sleeping on the couch on the other side of the room. A few others had stopped on by, making sure that she was OK and that she was eating.

Then she heard a knock at the door. She quickly turned around to see who it was, and it was All might in his smaller form.. he had a serious look to him, and he glanced over to see Rinji still laying there... " I brought you some coffee just the way you like it.." he said, as he lift it up her cup of coffee to hand it to her..

"Thank you.." she said, as she grabbed it with both of her hands, and slowly started to drink it....

"Yeah, this is much better than the cups I would get in America..." she said, with a smile.

"Is there any other news?" All might asked as he stood at the foot of his bed looking at him..

"The doctors told me that it seems that he has a normal brain function... and when he wakes up, he might deal with a lot of pressure around his chest because of the massive wound.. especially after they had to fill it up faster to make sure that he was stable... he will also be on some breathing treatment for a little bit because of the damage he got with one of his lungs..."

"I see..."

A moment of silence feel the room... but Rekka broke the silence..

"Was you able to talk to Nighteye yesterday?"

"No... we haven't talked in years and I still think he need some space..."

"Don't you mean you still need some space? Because if I remember correctly you left him, and then he had to make his own hero agency..."

"It's just complicated.."

"Its easier pushing people away..."

All might just looked at her...

"I know you told us to leave the country after my husband died... but even when you put a stop to that man, you never told us to come back... you told us it was still not safe and luckily Rinji was still able to spend time with his family, but it was long distance.. did you know Nighteye stayed in contact with him? Which I think that helped him in the long run... but you know this boy adores you... he was even able to design his fighting style to make it seem like he had a similar quirk to yours... just saw when people realize he was your nephew he would not disappoint them if he ever told them what he can actually do..."

All might looked defeated...

"I never told him to do that..."

"You did not have to... you should know good and well, that because you're the number one hero, and everybody looks up to you, you still create a giant shadow... he loves you, and you're the only thing left that he has to remind him of his father..."