Chapter thirty

Y/n stayed in that park until her shift was supposed to end at 3:00pm. Since it's Jin's turn to pick her up she sends him a message just sharing her location.

Sure enough in a blink of an eye he appears in front of her, hair fluttering like he's just descended from the sky. There's a concerned look on his face when he sees her eyes rubbed raw. Half joking to lighten the mood he states with a helpless smile, "why do I keep finding you like this?"

Y/n chuckles sadly, "I guess my luck hasn't been the best recently."

Taking a seat next to her on the bench he says, "You know an onion told me a joke the other day." Jin nudges Y/n's arm. She looks at him in confusion, wondering where this is going.
"I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!" He laughs out loud. Y/n looks at him in shock, the terrible joke making the corners of her lips creep up.

Seeing this Jin continues, stifling his own chuckles between words, "Why did the orange cry?"
Almost like she's been infected with his jolly mood, a smile blooms on her face as Y/n asks, "I don't know why?"
"Because someone hurt its Peelings!" He cackles with laughter, his distinct windshield wiper laugh making a chuckle bubble from Y/n's lips.

Once he saw a crack in her defense Jin didn't stop until she was bent over with laughter, begging for him to stop with the jokes.

Finally Y/n's allowed to catch her breath, leaning back on the bench staring up at the sky. Her heart feels much lighter. Looking to her right she sees Jin sitting next to her, arms resting casually on the back of the bench, also looking up. His deep dark eyes hold the entire reflection of the vast blue sky with its white fluffy clouds, a soft gentle smile on his lips.

The second Y/n returned her sight to the clouds above, Jin's gaze fell onto her. Eyes still red from her tears that have now dried, but her cheeks now hold a healthy bright glow from the laughter, and a light smile stays present on her lips. At peace.

The two stay in this silence, just enjoying each other's presence, feeling no need to break this moment, or talk about what happened. One watching the clouds, the other watching her.

After a while Jin and Y/n get up and start walking back. As they walk Y/n questions Jin asking how Jungkook's doing. Trying his best to answer as gently as possible,"since Saturday night he's locked himself in his room. He hasn't come out so far."

Staring at the pavement guiltily Y/n whispers, "I'm sorry."

He pats her on the head, "it'll all be okay, just give it some time."

Y/n nods listlessly, that guilt still present in the pit of her stomach.

Walking right up to her door Y/n gives Jin a hug and thanks him before entering her house. He did offer a hang out session at Bts' home but Y/n feels too awkward to do that right now. And what if Jungkook wants to come out but doesn't because she's there. Stating that she has chores, homework and sleep to catch up on, as an excuse not to go. Guessing Y/ns reason Jin relents. He leaves, off to tell the rest of the guys that Y/n cried again, so they can decide what they want to do.

Entering her house as quietly as possible Y/n doesn't want to alert anyone who could be skulking nearby. Not sure how she'll act in front of Aunt Gretta now that she lost her job. Will she even be able to lie to her?

Able to get to the stairs before anyone notices, too bad like a hyena to rotting meat, Aunt Gretta sniffs her out, the smell of Y/n's payday caught by the money hungry woman now in front of her.

Y/n freezes in panic. Unsure how to act, whether or not she should tell her she got fired.

Just as she's about to open her mouth to reveal all Aunt Gretta cuts her off, "Y/n it's rent day! So shut your mouth and pay up!" She says rather cheerfully, this day being the rare occasion she's actually happy with Y/n.
Sighing Y/n pulls her phone from her pocket, logging into her bank app. "How much were you paid by your job this month?" Aunt Gretta asks, rubbing her hands together greedily.