Chapter 30: Issei's Redemption

(At Kitchen ICHINOSE, Issei is seen with Tamami, Sora and Ruan Mei as they explain their counterattack plan.)

Ruan Mei: I have installed a teleportation device in this area of the restaurant. It will teleport anyone in here to a special arena I created through alchemy.

Issei: You thought about everything.

Ruan Mei: Nope, only about what could be done in desperate moments.

Sora: Heh, and they say I'm the sarcastic among the group. (gives Issei the Burning Exgotchalibur) Here, you'll need this.

Issei: (confused) What's this?

Sora: I call this "Burning Exgotchaliburn"... for now, that is.

Issei: Okay...? How do we teleport them all to this... arena?

Ruan Mei: They're after Tamami, aren't they? (Issei nods) So she will be the bait.

(They then prepare for their plan as the Union Group led by Sirzechs (Rias' Peerage (minus Koneko), Team JNPR, Class 1-B and Black Canary) arrive at Kitchen ICHINOSE.)

Rias: (sees Issei) Issei?

Sirzechs: So you've decided to surrender?

(Suddenly some lights cover both Issei and the Union Group, teleporting them off.)

(Meanwhile at the Arena, Ruan Mei, Sora and Tamami are seen in their seats as Issei and the Union Group are teleported in

(Meanwhile at the Arena, Ruan Mei, Sora and Tamami are seen in their seats as Issei and the Union Group are teleported in.)

Issei: (in mind) Looks like the plan worked.

Class 1-B: (in unison) Where the heck are we?

(Suddenly a spotlight shines on Ruan Mei, who picks up her microphone.)

Ruan Mei: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE! TODAY WE'RE OPENING THE ALCHEMY ARENA FOR THE FIRST MAIN EVENT! IN THIS CORNER, WE HAVE A FORMER UNION STUDENT WHO SEEKS REDEMPTION FOR HIS SHAMEFUL PAST ACTIONS: ISSEI ICHINOSE, FORMELY A HYOUDOU! AND IN THIS OTHER CORNER, SOME OF THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE SO-CALLED UNION SUPREME!

Issei: (determined) Time to move forward. I will put my past aside.

GOTCHARDRIVER! GOTCHARIGNITER!

HOPPER1! IGNITE!

STEAMLINER! IGNITE!

(He then picks up his Burning Exotchalibur)

Issei: Thank you, Sora.

(He folds it and combines it with his Gotchardriver.)

CROSS ON!

(He picks up the UFO-X card.)

Issei: Let's go, UFO-X.

UFO-X: UFO!

(He inserts the card into the Burning Exotchalibur)

MARVELOUS OCCULT!

Issei: Henshin!

GOTCHANKO FIRE X! UFOX! SUPER! ACHI!

(Issei completes his transformation.)

Daybreak: I'm

Daybreak: I'm... SUPER GOTCHARD DAYBREAK!

(He then dashes at the Union Group as Monoma charges at him as well, but Issei slashes him before slashing several Class 1-B students. He then flies as Rias tries to perform her spell of destruction, but he counters.)

UFOX XSTRASH!

(He then deflects the spell before slashing Rias he then folds his Burning Exgotchalibur.)

CROSS ON!

(The Cross Recorders on Super Gotchard Daybreak's arms separate, flying to both in front of him and above Akeno, keeping her in place before transmitting her in front of him.)

UFOX SHINING BURNING FEVER!

(Super Gotchard Daybreak then turns horizontal and flies around Akeno, spinning and kicking her continuously until she explodes.)

Daybreak: I'm just getting started! (pulls out another card) Time to shine, X-Rex!

X-Rex: REX!

(He then changes cards.)

GRATEFUL ANCIENT! GOTCHANKO FIRE X! XREX! SUPER! ACHI!

Daybreak: My body is overflowing with energy... with burning hot power! I am... SUPER GOTCHARD DAYBREAK... CROSS X-REX!

Sirzechs: Looks like I'm gonna have to make you submit... BY FORCE!

(Issei and Sirzechs charge at each other until the former kicks the latter in the gut, making him cough blood.)

Daybreak: I feel powerful! Now we're talking!

(He charges at Sirzechs again as they clash again, and he overpowers the Satan by punching his chest and pinning him as he beats him to a pulp before the devil tries to punch him in the gut, but his fist gets struck between the X-Rex's fangs, and he slams him around. He then kicks him and the X-Rex roars, rendering the Union Group unable to fight.)

Daybreak: Time to end this!

XREX SHINING BURNING FEVER!

(Super Gotchard Daybreak leaps as an energy projection of X-Rex appears behind him. Then he delivers a scissors kick to Sirzechs, accompanied by the X-Rex energy 'chomping' him with its jaw. Sirzechs screams and then explodes.)

Daybreak: So... you have two choices!

(The rest of Rias' Peerage, Class 1-B, Team JNPR and Black Canary struggle to get up as the screen fades out.)