Chapter 32: Refreshment

(At Kitchen ICHINOSE, after said restaurant closed, Issei explained about his battle against his former colleagues led by Sirzechs, and the recent time he met Ruan Mei and Sora.)

Kutaro: So they were here...

Issei: Yeah, it's like they knew when to lend someone a hand.

Aether: So that was the last time the alchemists were seen, eh?

Kutaro: Why not earlier? What else are they hiding from?

Bell: Or who?

Rudy: Maybe they don't want to be bothered, even though Union retreated.

Tsukiya: Yeah, but they still have Nezu and Superman as the remaining headmasters!

Ruby: We must not forget Batman, Wonder Woman, The Big Three and the remaining Pro Heroes.

Weiss: There's also my father and the Ace Operatives who are still enslaving poor innocent faunus. (stern) And to think I'm his daughter...

Blake: Certain people disgust me, and Jacques is one of them!

Momo: Not to mention there are some remaining members of the League of Darkness.

(Kutaro clenches his fists, and then he rushes somewhere.)

Yang: Hey, where are you going?

(Kutaro disappears like a ninja, and everyone gets worried, except for the shinobi.)

Yuyaki: Don't worry, Kutaro knows what he's doing.

(Meanwhile at the ruins of the Alchemist Federation Base, Kutaro is seen approaching the location until he sees Black Swan.)

Kutaro: Black Swan?

(Black Swan stands in there as she looks at the picture of Sora and his family until she hears Kutaro.)

Black Swan: You noticed my presence, kid?

Kutaro: What are you doing here?

Black Swan: Sora asked me to salvage what was left here.

Kutaro: Hmm... I see...

Black Swan: What about you? Why are you here?

Kutaro: I'm here for answers.

(Black Swan then pulls out the memory bubble.)

Black Swan: Thought you would say that.

(She then activates the memory bubble, showing Kutaro the entire period of Sora's downfall, becoming Dread and becoming an enemy against all of humanity.)

(Sora is seen crying over his parents' dead bodies until the cries turn into an angry expression.)

Sora: They're gonna pay for this!

(Weeks later, Sora is seen transforming into Dread as he faces several heroes like Edgeshot, Ryukyu, Uwabami, Team NDGO, Team BRNZ, Team ABRN, Team FNKI and Teen Titans.)

Dread: You heroes... are nothing more than cheap animals.

(One day after fighting said heroes, Dread is seen founding the Dark Alchemy Federation, composed of some villains and any other people who opposed Union Supreme.)

Dread: I am unhappy... so you guys have to share my unhappiness!

(After showing all of these memories, Kutaro feels more guilty than ever, especially for what happened to Sora.)

Black Swan: This is what happened to him! (walks away) Can't say I expect you to understand that, because... you and Jack are just kids. Sora is two years older than you.

(As Black Swan leaves, Kutaro decides to stay and take some reflections as the screen fades to black.)