Chapter 15: An Epic Day

Friday, July 11, 2014

I woke up and Kelley was already up. We both got up together and walked into the living room. Everyone else was in sitting around the living room.

"Well good morning you two."

"Hey."

"You guys ready to go to the airport?"

"Yeah. All my stuff is packed." Alex said.

"Alright then. It's our flight is leaving at 12."

"How long's the flight?"

"4 and a half."

"Okay. Not bad."

ring. ring. ring.

"Li?" Kelley eyed my phone. They all knew I was waiting on a call.

I picked my phone up and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hi Liana. I am very pleased to inform you that you made the team." I started balling. It was my dream. The whole team was around me holding me. Most of them were crying too. "I will see you on July 23rd."

"Thank you so much." I barely got the words out.

As soon as I hung up I was instantly surrounded with hugs, congratulations, and tears.

"Li." Kelley was in tears. "I'm so proud of you."

"Li I can't wait." Alex said.

"Li. It's gonna be epic." Tobin told me.

"My little Li." Ali said.

"Way to go kid." Ash said.

"Thanks guys. It's a dream come true. Defiantly blessed beyond belief." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Well. This calls for a celebration." Kelley said.

"What do you mean?" Alex asked.

"Well, when I'm gonna call my parents and ask if we can throw a party when we get there."

"Yusss!" Ash said.

"Yeah. My dad makes some mad BBQ ribs."

"Oh my gosh. That sounds so good." I said.

"So. What do ya say?" Kelley asked me.

"Sounds great! Thanks Kel!"

"Sure thing. I hope you like Georgia."

"I'm sure I will."

"Come on. Lets go."

We loaded our bags into the cars. Then we left for the airport. Once we got out we found the car rental place. I guess that's where Kelley got our cars. Then we went into the airport an found our gate.

When we got to our gate a little girl recognized us immediately. She ran up to Alex and said, "Are you Alex Morgan?"

"Yeah." Alex smiled.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe it's really you." She looked at the rest of the group. "And Ali Kriger, Ashlyn Harris, Tobin Heath, Kelley O'Hara and," she paused at me. "I'm sorry I don't know you."

Kelley stepped in. "This is Liana Webb. She's the newbie of the squad." She looked at me and smiled.

"Well nice to meet ya!"

"Nice to meet you too." I said.

She took out a piece of paper and a pen. "Can I have your guy's autographs?" She handed the paper to Alex.

"Of course." She took the paper and signed it. Then Ali took it. She too signed it. Ashlyn, Tobin, and Kelley signed it.

Then Kelley handed the paper to me. "Go on Li. Gonna have to get used to it."

I took the paper. "What's your name." I asked her.

"Logan." She said.

I opened the pen and wrote Logan, Don't stop dreaming. ♡ -Li #3. Then I handed Logan the paper and pen.

"Thank you!" She took out her phone and opened the camera to front facing. We posed and she took several pictures.

"Have a good day." Alex said.

"You too." She walked away proudly.

"Alright. Lets get on this plane." Tobin said.

"Li. You're a pro." Kelley said.

"Huhh?"

"With kids." She started. "I watched you with that little girl. You're going to be great at this business."

"Well thank you."

We boarded the plane. It was two to a row, so me and Kelley, Tobin and Alex, Ash and Ali were sitting together.

"Li you playing?" I turned around. Kelley was almost standing on her seat facing backward and Alex was facing Tobin who had a game of Heads Up starting.

"Sure." The category was Animals. They play an intense game. It was fun though. Passed the time. I eventually turned around and sat back down. I took out a book called Lies Women Believe. It was a book I had been working through with a small girls group. I read it and studied God's word. I think I eventually fell asleep.

"Li." Kelley tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah."

"We're almost here."

"Okay. Thanks." I woke up and started putting my things in my bag.

Once we landed we got off the plane and got our bags. Then we found Kelley's Family. They were standing by their car.

"Hi. I'm Dan. And this is Karen."

"Aka my mom and dad." Kelley said. "Mom and Dad, this is Liana Webb our newest member of the team. And you know the rest of us."

"Well congratulations."

"You must be the one were throwing a party for." Karen said.

"Yeah. Kelley came up with the idea."

"Well it was."

"Thank you."

"Well you guys can put your bags in the back." Dan opened up the trunk.

"Thank you." Alex said.

We put out bags in the back and drove to Kelley's house. We pulled in and took our bags out.

"Come on. I'll show you to the basement." Kelley took her bags and led us downstairs. "Make yourselves at home. I'll be right back."

I put my stuff in a corner and took out my charger and found an outlet to plug my phone in.