Chapter 48: Marco Day 1

Sunday, October 30, 2014

** Yesterday's drive was awful. It was dramatically longer than our first travel day. We got there and settled in the beach house by like 9:30. All we did after we got settled was lay around and eat food. **

I woke up and checked my phone. I had several new followers and mentions. Usually I didn't bother reading them but today I did. There were several questions about life on the National Team. Several in German, questioning whether I actually knew German or Ali just said I did. A few funny pictures of me and my teammates. I didn't even know how they got them. But they did.

I locked my phone and crawled back under the covers. Ben and I were sharing the master suite. The beach house had a great ocean view, a pool, four bedrooms, one master suite, two full bathrooms, including the en-suite, one half bathroom, finished basement with pool, ping pong and a living room, a large main floor living room and a gourmet kitchen.

I laid in bed for a little while longer before deciding to get up. Ben was still asleep, sprawled out on the other side of the bed. That was very unusual because he always snuggled next to me. He must be worried or uneasy about something, I thought.

I decided to take a run. I had seen a path by the beach earlier. I sent a text in the group message in case anyone was up.

me: I'm taking a run this morning if anyone wants to join me

I went an changed into running shorts and a light tshirt. It wasn't too long after I sent the text that someone had responded.

alex🐴😽: I'm coming! I'm allowed to light jog!

kel💙🏄🏽👌🏼: same!

ali👑😘: me too!

ash💁🏼: I hate to run but okay

reag💛: you know I always want to

me: yayy! so who are we missing

alex🐴😽: TOBIN

kel💙🏄🏽👌🏼: TOBIN

ali👑😘: Kel, where's Tobin?

kel💙🏄🏽👌🏼: umm she's snoring next to me😂

me: well get her up. We're all going.

ash💁🏼: what about the guys?

me: they can find something to do

alex🐴😽: I'm sure they'd have a good time

me: okay meet up in the living room

It was funny how we were all in the same house but we were texting each other from different rooms. It was like walkie talkies. I threw my hair in a loose pony tail and put on my running shoes. Then I went into the kitchen to make a big smoothie for everyone with whatever we had gotten yesterday.

Alex and Tobin walked out, one obviously more tired than the other. "Hey guys. I made smoothies."

"What's in it?" Kelley asked walking behind them.

"Wait let me guess." Ashlyn came running around the tired trio to get a glass. She sipped it and tried to distinguish the flavors. "Well there's defiantly peanut butter, banana, honey, yogurt, flax seed, and a pinch of sugar. You didn't put anything away."

I laughed at my own mistake. "Not cool." But we all burst out laughing knowing it was hilarious. Ashlyn calmly said every ingredient and then added the obvious.

"Where's Ali?" Alex asked.

"Right here." She said coming out with a tank and running shorts, perfect makeup and a high pony tail. Only Ali would worry about that. Granted I did put makeup on and so did everyone else but not to that extent.