Chapter 58: THE Game

Sunday, December 14, 2014

I woke up early. Practices had been going great. We were all pumped for one of the biggest rivalries in women's soccer. We played Brazil in Brazil. Joy.

"Come on Li. Get up. We have to go to breakfast." Hope said and yanked the covers off of me.

"Solo!" I yelled.

"Get your lazy ass up!" she yelled.

I groaned and got up. I changed into a pair of leggings and a Nike sweatshirt.

"Alright slow poke. I'm ready."

"I'm coming." Hope said.

We walked out the doors and met with Kelley and Alex. The four of us walked down to the team room. The food was hot and ready.

"Morning Chens. Morning ARod." I said when they walked in.

"Morning Li. ARod says good morning too." Lauren said.

"Well then." I said. "Where's Ryan?" I asked.

"He's running around somewhere." Amy finally said.

"Oh gotcha. Well tell him I said hi."

I walked and sat down with the normal group. Ash and Ali were the last to walk in.

"Well good morning." Kelley said.

"Hey guys." Ash said.

We went to get food and drinks. Then we came back and sat together.

"So you guys pumped?" Ash asked.

"Hell yeah!" Pinoe yelled. We all laughed.

"Hey. We forgot to do something." Abby said and walked to the front of the room. "On August 29, someone earned her first cap."

That earned yelled and cheers from the team. I sunk back in my seat, not liking to be put on the spot.

"But this isn't my job." Abby finished. "Come on Capt."

Christie got up. "Come on Li. This is for you." I got up and we met in the center. When we met she handed me a ball. "This is the game ball from the Sweden game. The ball you scored. Not many people can say they scored a goal on the the national team, but to score a goal on your first game and international cap, crazy. Good work kid. And we all signed it."

"Thank you. All of you. I couldn't have done it without you." I said taking the ball.

Christie have me a hug and said, "Looking forward to big things."

"I'll try not to disappoint." I said.

"You won't." She let go and we sat back down.

"Congrats babe." Kelley said and gave me a hug when I sat down.

"Thanks Kel."

"Congrats Li!" Ashlyn yelled. We all burst out laughing.

"Thank you Ash."

"Ash shut up. You're not 5 years old." Ali scolded.

"Damn babe. Sometimes I like to think I am." Ash said proudly. Ali just rolled her eyes.

"Well I guess I can't take a 5 year old skateboarding." I said. Tobin knew exactly what I meant.

"Yeah. We don't want children tagging along." Tobin added.

"Okay fine. I want to go!"

"We'll see." Tobin said.

We finished breakfast and went back to our separate rooms. I was bored to I went to Ben's room.