Chapter 57: Recovery Day and Other Festivities

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christie woke us all up. We were all over the floor. We had to go to recovery. I got up and went to my room. I changed into my training shirt and my sweats. I put my hair in a bun and grabbed my phone. I headed down to the team room for further instructions.

"Hey Li. How ya doing?" Dawn asked me.

"I'm doing great. How are you?"

"I'm good thanks. Ready for recovery?"

"Yes. I feel it. Big time."

"Well we'll get you feeling better."

Once everyone got in we started. "Split into pairs. And do at least 3."

I went with Kelley and we started with a pool session. Then we went take an ice bath.

"Li I swear if you put another scoop of ice in here we all will personally kill you." Kelley said.

"Seriously. It's cold enough." Tobin said.

"Li you can join me if they're to sissy for a real ice bath." Carli said.

"I think I'll take you up on that offer." I said.

We stripped down to out spandex and tucked our shirts into our sports bras. And we plunged in.

"Kel did you see the picture of us on twitter?" I asked. I was looking through mentions when I stumbled upon a really cute picture of Kelley and me.

"No? Is I bad?" She asked.

"No it's cute. I'll send it to you." I said. I sent her the picture.

"Oh my gosh, it is! When was this?"

"I think it was taken before the game yesterday." I said.

"Well it's cute."

"I know. It's my lock screen." I said and showed her.

"Dang. I don't get on the lock screen?" Tobin said.

"I have a case that has several pictures ordered. I haven't been home to get it though." I ordered a case with pictures of the crew. Us skateboarding. On the field. Goal celebrations. The team huddle. Everything.

"Well when it come in I want to see it." Alex said.

"Will do."

We were on our phones the rest of the time. Once the time was over we got out and went to change out of our wet clothes.

"Big legs?" Kelley asked.

"Lets go it."

We went to the training room and got hooked up. The media team came and took a picture.

"Hey wait. Can you take one on mine?" I asked and handed Aaron my phone. "Thanks." I looked at them and showed Kelley them.

"That's cute."

We were on our phones and talking. I tweeted 'big legs with @kohara19 ✌' with the picture. We also were snapchatting each other back and forth.

"Kel." I said.

"Hold on a sec." She was in the middle of playing Fifa and she put her phone down. "Yeah. What's up?"

"So Ben wants us to write our vows. Exactly what should I put in mine?"

"Well I can't help you with that because I'd give away what Ben is writing."

"Kelley!"

"What he already asked me first."