Chapter 20: Airport Surprises

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I woke up and took a shower. I put on a pair of Nike running shorts and my Champions Unite T-shirt. Then I put my hair in a messy bun and walked downstairs. Kelley, Alex and Tobin were in the kitchen eating at the bar. I looked at my phone. It was 9 o'clock. I didn't know what they were all up. We had to leave in an hour.

"Good morning guys." I said halfway down the stairs.

"Hey Li!" Kelley yelled.

"Morning." Tobin said.

"Morning Li." Alex said.

"Well we have to leave in an hour."

"We're ready."

"Oh. Okay. When'd you guys get up?"

"Like half an hour ago." Alex said.

"Like five minutes ago." Tobin said. She was still half asleep.

"Alright well I guess we can leave whenever you want."

I sat down on the couch in the living room. They followed. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages. I had several.

Ali😘👑: hey Li. I can't wait to see you today!

hope🙈🙉🙊: li! looking forward to seeing you!

christen💁🏻: can't wait

Carli🙈👊🏼: looking forward to seeing you!

ARod💗⚽: missed you Li!

Lauren💙: ready to party!

ash💁🏼: loved hanging out with you can't wait to hang out more!

ben💙🙈: hey beautiful. can't wait to see you.

I started to reply to all of them when I got and new text in the group message.

kel💙👌🏼🏄🏽: GET OFF YOUR PHONE ! 😑

alex😽🐴: shut up Kel.

tobs🏄🏽💙: leave her alone. she's popular. unlike you. :)

kel💙👌🏼🏄🏽: sorry Li 😽

me: it's fine. I got a text from like everyone.

tobs🏄🏽: told ya. she's popular

alex😽🐴: get 'em Li. 😏

me: you guys are crazy 😂😂

knock. knock. knock.

"I got it!" Tobin said and went to the door. She opened it. "Li it's for you." She walked back smirking.

I went to the door to find Ben with a bouquet of red white and blue flowers. "For you." He handed them to me.

"Thank you. Come on in." I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. I put the flowers in a vase and we went to sit on the couch.

We sat around and talked until we had to leave.

"Alright. We got to go." Kelley said.

We all got up and walked out to the car. Ben rode up with us. It was a long drive to Columbus. Once we got there we found the gate and waited. People were starting to come off. It wasn't the team though. It was a bunch of military. I watched them come off. The celebrations of family and loved ones. I could only imagine.

"Liana!" It was an unmistakeable voice. I looked ad saw him. My dad. He was walking alone behind a large group of Marines. I ran to him in tears. He dropped his bags and caught me. I finally in my daddy's arms.