Chapter 39: Look Who's Back!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I woke up early today. Last night we flew to Chester, PA. And the night before we beat Haiti, 6-0. And today was my first practice back. I was so excited. I changed into Kelley's sweatshirt and a pair of leggings.

"Well what are you so excited about?" Ali asked.

"Really?" I shot back.

She laughed. "I'm excited for you too."

"Thanks Ali."

"Sure."

I finished getting ready. Then I waited for Ali to finish getting ready. She came out with a Nike sweatshirt and leggings on and hair in a bun.

"Ready?"

"I've been ready since I got hurt." I smiled.

"I know. We all were. But you weren't physically. And now you are." She gave me a hug.

"Ali, I'm so excited yet so nervous." I said in her ear.

She could hear the unsteadiness in my voice. She started to run circles on my back. "I know. It'll be okay. I promise. I'll be there with you every step of the way. Promise."

"Thank you Ali. For always being there for me." I said and pulled away.

"I'll always be here." She gave me another hug.

"What is this? You aren't usually a hugger." I laughed a little.

"Well Li, for you I am." She gave me a smile.

"Well thank you Ali. I love your hugs."

"I love you more."

"Aww you dogg." I said. We both laughed.

We walked out into the hallway to meet up with Alex, Tobin, Ashlyn, and Kelley.

"Nice sweatshirt Li." Kelley said checking me out and smirking.

"Thanks?" I said. Everyone just laughed.

We all then walked down to the team room where breakfast was. We immediately went to get in line. I was pulled aside into the hallway.

I looked up to meet the eyes of my fiancé. I hadn't sent him alone in what felt like forever. He immediately wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you." He said.

"I missed you too." I looked up into his eyes. "I'm practicing today. Did ya hear?"

He gave me a big smile. "Of course. I'm so excited for you. Please don't get hurt again though. I don't think I can hack it."

"I'll try not to."

"No promise."

"Ben I can't promise. I can only promise I will be fine."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too baby."

We both walked back in with the team. We got in line for food and then I went and sat with Kelley and the rest of the crew. He went and sat with the guys.

"How are ya?" Hope asked.

"I'm great!" She gave me a big smile.

"Good. We're ready for you to be back." Carli said and gave me and assuring smile.

"Well we're ready for you to be back." Ashlyn said.

After breakfast we all went back our rooms. Training wasn't until 10. It was 9:15 right now. We all went and changed into our training gear. I put my pants over my shorts and a tank under a long sleeve. I was freezing right now but I knew I'd be hot later.