Chapter 61: Respect

Sunday, December 21, 2014

I woke up to a sleeping Kelley on my side and Hope wide awake on her bed.

"Hope. What the heck." I said.

"Sorry. I went out for a walk last night and I guess she moved. I didn't feel like waking either of you up so I left it."

"Seriously?" I knew she was lying.

"No." She laughed. "She was laying on top of my and squishing me so I picked her up and moved her. She didn't budge one bit."

I slipped from underneath her. "Well then. Lets get her back." I said. "I'll be back."

I grabbed the ice bucket and went to find the ice machine. I filled it full and then walked back to my room. Hope and I filled the bucket with water and waited until it was ice cold.

"Here." I said and handed her my phone.

"On three." Hope was recording. "1,2,3..."

I then dumped the ice on Kelley and she woke up and screamed. "Li I'm going to kill you!"

"Hey that's not nice." I said. Hope turned off the recording and handed my phone back.

"Good one Li." Hope said.

"Thanks."

"What was that for?!" Kelley asked.

"Umm maybe, because you smothered both of us in your sleep." Hope said.

"Whatever."

"Go get ready for breakfast." Hope instructed.

"Peace out." She said and walked to her room.

"Well I might be sleeping with you if this doesn't dry up." I said.

"But it is so worth it. She was pissed."

"Yeah. I'm posting that."

I opened Instagram and loaded the video. I captioned it, "game day pranks w/ @hopesolo and @kelleyohara 😈😂"

Kelley was quick to comment. "You suck.😕"

The rest of the team liked and commented as well. It was funny to see the prankster get pranced.

"Li you coming?" Hope asked. She was waiting by the door.

"Yeah. Give me one sec." I said and threw a sweatshirt over Hope's jersey and a pair of sweats and flip flops. "Lets go." I said and grabbed my phone.

We walked down to the team room. We were the first ones there. Me rooming with Hope always made me early, sometimes the first, one to everything. When I room with Kelley we are always late because we goof off.

We sat in our usual seats. It was awkward because Hope always sits in front of me and since it was just us, we looked weird. Both of us were busy on our phones. I was texting Ben and Kenzie and Hope was probably re-watching a game.

ben💘🔥: hey nice vid

me: hey thanks

ben💘🔥: you at breakfast?

me: yup

ben💘🔥: I'll see you after?

me: no...you stupid😑

ben💘🔥: okay well have a good breakfast

kenz💥: hey cuz

me: hey kz how are you?

kenz💥: I'm hanging in there. I'll be better when you get home😊

me: I'm looking forward to it. One more game.