Chapter 47: Paradise

Saturday, October 28, 2014

I woke up at 11:30. It was a late night last night. Once I realized we missed breakfast I didn't worry about waking anyone else up.

I went to get up when Ben's strong arms wrapped around me tighter, keeping me from getting up. "Ben. I have to pee." I said. Reluctantly he let go. Truthfully I had to go, but I wanted to get up and changed into a clean tshirt. I changed and crawled back in bed and snuggled close to him. He wrapped his arms around me once he felt me.

"I love you." He groggy voice said into my hair.

I giggled. "I love you too."

I fell asleep once more.

I finally woke up for good at 11:45. We almost slept the day away. Our room was the only ones up. The three of us were awake but Kelley, Ash, and Alex weren't answering their phones so we assumed they were asleep.

"What do you guys want to do?" I asked.

"Lets go on a walk on the beach." Reagan suggested. "So I can relive the proposal."

"Oh. Okay. Do you want to?" I asked Ben.

"Sure."

We all changed. I put on a USA tank and running shorts. Reagan wore a Nike tank and short jean shorts. Ben wore a Hurley tank and cargo shorts. I grabbed a SnapBack from my bag, Ben's SnapBack and an brand new one.

"Here." I said and clumsily put Ben's hat on his head. "For you." I said and handed the new one to Reagan. It was one I had bought a while ago and never wore.

"Thanks dude." She said.

"Sure. Lets hit it." I said and grabbed my phone and a few pieces of paper.

"What's the paper for?" Ben asked.

"I'm gonna leave them a note so they don't flip."

We got to their doors and I wrote them a note. It said, went out to the beach. gonna go relieve a month ago ;) love you guys. be back soon! I slid the notes under their doors and we walked out to my car.

I walked to the drivers side and Ben hopped in the passenger. I went to open the door but he reached over and locked it before I could get to the other side.

"Really?" I said.

"Yeah. Aren't we reliving the night?" He asked and held up the set of keys he somehow snuck from my hand. I don't even know how.

"Fine." I walked to the passenger seat and he opened the door for me. "Thank you."

"Of course. Reag you ready?" He asked.

"Yeah if you two lovebirds are."

"Now you asked to relive the night." I pointed out.

"Ben can you just drive." She snapped.

"Yes ma'am!" He said and immediately turned the ignition and pulled out.

He drove us to the private beach. I don't know how but he always seemed to get access. He took my hand and we walked out to the spot.

"So it happened here." I started to explain to Reagan.

"And?"

"Hold on." Ben said for me.

"Thanks. We were looking for shells. I found like a closed shell. I didn't want to open it fearing what might be inside, so I handed it to Ben. He grabbed it and tripped onto one knee. And he proposed."

"How?" Reagan asked.

"Like this." Ben said and got down on one knee and pulled a ring box out of his back pocket. "Liana Marie Webb. I love you with all of my heart. From the very first day, to the proposal, to today and forever. Will you marry me again?"