Chapter 34: Are You Sure You're Ready?

September 25, 2014

I woke up early pretty hopeful for the day. I got out of Bed and went into the living room with my laptop, phone and blanket. I dialed Ashlyn's number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Ash."

"Oh hey Li. What's up?"

"I was wondering who did your tattoos?"

"Are you thinking about getting one?"

"Yeah." There was a long pause. "Ash?"

"Sorry. I just booked you."

"What?"

"Yeah. You're in today. Where are you?"

"I'm in Naples."

"Well she's yours today."

"Where?"

"Melbourne. It's like 3 hours."

"Okay. We'll be there."

"I'll meet you there. I'm in Satellite with Ali. Just text me when you're close."

"Okay. Thank you so much Ash."

"Sure thing."

I hung up. I googled directions. I was very excited and nervous. Then a door opened.

"Why are you up so early?" It was Ben.

"Oh. I called Ash." I gave him a look. He caught on.

"Today?"

"Yes. She booked me."

"Okay. How long?"

"Like three hours to Melbourne."

"Okay. If that's what you want."

Kelley and Tobin made their way out. "What are we doing?" Kelley asked.

"Well what I think I heard is that Li want to go get a tattoo. Am I right?" Tobin asked.

"Yes."

"When?"

"Today. Ash and Ali are meeting us."

"Okay. Lets get ready?"

We got ready and got in the car. "Li do you even know what you want?"

"Yes." I said.

"Well?"

"Okay. I'm getting faith on the outside of my right wrist and a cross on my right forearm."

"Okay. Lets do it."

We drove the three hours. I called Ash. And her and Ali met us.

"Come on. She's really nice and really good." Ashlyn said.

We walked in and met Lisa Murphy.

"So what are you thinking?"

"Umm faith in cursive on my outer right wrist. Here." I pointed. "And a cross on my right forearm." I showed her two pictures I had found.

"Okay. Lets get started. What do you want to do first?"

"Doesn't matter with me. How about the cross?" I said. I laid down on a table.

"Li you'll do great. I promise." Ashlyn said. "We'll wait outside." Ali, Ash, Kelley and Tobs went out front.

"Ben. Will you stay."

"Of course."

"Okay. I'm ready are you?" Lisa said.

"Yep."

"Are you sure you're ready?" Ben asked.

"Yes. Let do it!"

I felt the needle start jabbing at my skin. The pain sure did hurt but it was manageable. I'd be able to get used to it. After three hours we were finished. They looked great. The cross was harder at first because I didn't know what to expect.

"They look great." He said and gave me a hug.

"Thank you."

"Now just rub this stuff on it. I'm sure Ash knows the drill."

"Thank you so much."

We went and paid and met up with the team.

"Way to go kid!" Ash said.

"They look really good."

"Thanks guys. Let get out of here."

"Wanna head back to my place for the day. Then you can drive back tonight?"

"Yeah let's do it!"

We got in our cars and followed Ash to Satellite. We went inside and laid around.

"Want to go to the beach?" Ali asked.

"We don't have suits." Kelley said bummed.

"We don't?" I held up a bag of our swim suits. "I talked with Ash this morning remember."

We got changed and headed out to the beach. We all mainly laid around and caught the rays. We had dinner at Da Kine Diego's.

"Thanks for today Ash." I said.

"Sure. Anytime. Congrats. No longer a tattoo virgin." She said.

"See ya guys."

We gave hugs and left for Naples. All three of us fell asleep. Ben was a good driver.

"Guys were here." He said softly when he parked.

We all got up and walked to the room. As soon as we hit the bed we fell asleep. I felt Ben crawl in bed with me. His arms found their way around my body and we fell asleep just like that.