Chapter 50: Wedding Prep

Tuesday, November 1, 2014

I woke up once again in Ben's arms. Everything was quiet. All I could hear was the steady breathing of my fiancé next to me. I rolled to my side. Ben's arms tightened. I reached over and found my phone. I unlocked my phone and checked up on the social media world. There were several mentions and tagged photos. I looked through everybody's stories. After I checked all of my social medias (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Sqor, Facebook, etc.) Ben was still asleep. I resorted to catching up on One Tree Hill on Netflix.

Ben woke up after about the second episode I watched. "Well good morning." I said and twisted to give him a good morning kiss.

He smiled right after. "Good morning to you too."

"We can wedding plan today right?"

"Yeah. I don't have anything planned."

"Okay. Thanks." My stomach growled causing both of us to laugh. "I guess I'm a little hungry."

"Where do ya wanna go? Or I can cook something."

"No you don't have to do that. We all can go out once everybody gets up. There's a IHOP around here."

"That's sounds great."

"Come on." I said and grabbed his hand.

"Where are we going?"

"Outside."

"Why?"

"I wanna go to the beach. Lets take a beach walk. Pwetty pwease."

"Fine." He said and got up.

I went and changed into short jean shorts and a UNC tank. Ben came out of the bathroom in cargo shorts and a Cedarville soccer tshirt. "Lookin good champ."

"Thanks babe. Ready?"

"Yeah." I said and grabbed my phone.

I interlaced my fingers between his and we walked out to the shoreline. It was so peaceful now. The sun was just rising and the waves were calm and relaxing. The sand was perfect. No footprints. No trash. Our footprints were left for a brief second before the waves took them in.

"Babe?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah." He said.

"You okay? You seem lost in thought." I noticed.

"Yeah. I'm good. Promise. I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Our wedding. Us." He said. His grip tightened a little.

"Hey." I started rubbing his back. "I like that. Us. We're going to be good. Whatever problems we face we'll get through together. We're a tag team now."

"I'm so excited I just don't want anything to get messed up."

"Nothing will. It's going to be perfect. I promise."

"Okay. If you say so."

"I do. Don't worry." I said.

"Okay then."

"Yeah. Come on. Lets have some fun. Ease up. You're too tense." I said and kicked water on him.

"Oh no you didn't." He said and picked me up bridal style and held me over the water.

"Ben! Don't you dare!" I squealed.

He dropped me but right before I hit the water he caught me. I was once again in his arms. "Love you baby." He said and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek.