Chapter 62: I'll Be Home for Christmas

Monday, December 22, 2014

I woke up with my clothes damp. I had forgotten that the bed was still wet. Today we were going home. First we had a quick recovery to keep loose. We were going to get tight on the plane but that was our choice to stay lose.

I got up and put a clean pair of sweats and a tshirt on. I threw my hair into a bun. I was up early today. I don't know if it was to go home or because Christmas was in 3 days. I still had to go Christmas shopping. I've been gone so much in one year that my family said it'd be great if I just showed up.

I logged onto my laptop. I had several fan letters and Nike emails. I also had one from Sky Blue.

Liana,
Friday, January 16, 2015 is the NWSL College Draft. It is held at the PA Convention Center. You're already on the team but we'd like to make it official. After the draft we'll start training and get you worked into the team. You already know Kelley and Christie so you'll be good. Hope to see you there.

I replied and shut my laptop off to pack. All of my stuff was pretty much ready. I put all of my clothes in except my plane outfit. Then I scrolled through my Instagram feed. There were several pictures of the jersey swap last night.

"Good morning, early bird." Hope said.

"Hey." I said.

"You know we don't have breakfast until 9. Something up?"

"No. Just excited to be back home. And I want to see Kenzie."

"I understand. Looking forward to the game. Maybe Nike can get me an orange keeper jersey." She smirked. "Orange isn't my color."

"Whatever." I said before getting up. "I'm going to Ben's. I'll be down at breakfast though."

"Okay."

I put on a UNC sweatshirt over top of my tshirt before heading out. I went to Ben's room. Thankfully he was awake.

"Good morning." He said.

"Morning. You guys ready to go home?" I asked.

"Yes!" Reagan said.

"Dang. I guess I won't be taking you along anymore." I said.

"No. I had so much fun but I miss Mason."

"Wah wah wah. Cry me a river." I turned to Ben. "Hey. Make sure you wear compressions on the plane."

"I will. You have breakfast and recovery because I noticed were flying through the night."

"Yeah. Breakfast isn't until 9."

"Oh look. We have an hour. Are you a little excited?"

"Just a little." I said.

"Well I can't blame ya." Ben said. He knew I wasn't jus excited. I was also anxious. "You're missing Kenzie aren't you?"

I nodded and he wrapped my up in his arms. I started crying because Kenzie was an emotional topic. "She wasn't telling me something. When I texted and called her. She was hiding something. What if they can't help. What if shes not okay. What if she's not going to make it."

"Shh." Ben said. "She's going to be fine. She didn't want me to tell you this. But she is fine. She didn't want you to know I talked with her. She's okay babe." He comforted me.

"Okay." I said feeling better. "Want to go down to the pool?"

"What?" Ben asked.

"Do you. Want to go with me. To the pool." I said slowly.