Chapter 44: If That's How You Want It, Fine

Wednesday, October 25, 2014

I woke up early today. It was 7:15. We had practice at 8. Then team breakfast. Followed by a recovery session and the afternoon off before the Championship game tomorrow.

Ali was still asleep in her bed. I quietly got up and walked to get ready. I changed into training gear and put my hair in a loose bun. Then I added light makeup and brushed my teeth. I turned around when I hear Ali stirring.

She was up. I watched her sit up and give me a big smile. "Hi Li."

"Hey Kriegy." She just flashed her smile. "What?"

"Oh nothing."

"Okay whatever." She got up and got ready. I sat on my bed with my phone in hand. I sent a quick text to Ben.

me: good morning babe. looking forward to seeing you today 🙈

ben💙🙈: me too. I think Dom is driving to pick me up. But I'll be there to see you before the night's over

me: great! Can't wait!!

ben💙🙈: love you

me: love you too

"Alright ready?" Ali said halfway scaring me. She noticed and let out a small laugh. "Sorry Li."

"It's fine. I was just texting Ben."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow.

"He's coming today!"

"That's great!" She gave me a small hug. "Lets go!"

She picked up her phone and bag and we walked out to the bus. She was busy texting away. I tried to look over. All I saw that it was a group message before she locked her phone.

We boarded the bus and I took my bag off my shoulder and put it under the seat. I sat back up and there was Kelley. Yes, I jumped. "Good gosh. Kel. Quit doing that."

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

She picked up her phone. I leaned over and tried to see what everyone was talking about. She was in another group message. I guess I wasn't included. "Eh eh eh." She scolded and turned her phone's screen away from me.

"Kel. What is it?"

"Can't tell. You'll see soon though." I gave her a look to try to get more out of her. "Promise."

"Fine." I huffed and slouched back in my seat.

She laughed. "Li, it's nothing bad."

"Okay." I paused. "Wanna go out for lunch today?"

"Yes! I'd love to!" Then she remembered something. "Will you have time?"

"Yes. I promise."

"Well don't go promising things you can't keep."

I was confused. "What?"

"Nothing."

We got to the stadium and grabbed our bags. We got off the bus and walked in. It was already getting full. We had another open practice. I loved the open practices. Everything except the media. I didn't mind the autograph sesh but the entourage of interviewers was bothersome.

We had a light practice. Just making sure everything was loose and we weren't going to injure ourselves. We had a little 5v5 and close keep away. Kelley, Tobin and I juggled after practice. They had let me in their little juggling circle once they knew I could keep up with them.

We all grabbed sharpies and went to different sections of the line. I went with Kel. We always went together. The fans seemed to like it. They got pictures with the both of us. We walked through the entire line and then took our cleats off and started walking back to the locker rooms.