Chapter 32: LAX to MIA

Friday, September 19, 2014

"Baby. You got to get up." Ben shook me lightly until I woke up.

When I didn't opened my eyes right away he placed soft kisses on my neck. I couldn't help but smile. "Alright babe I'm up."

He looked up and then his eyes met mine. He flashed his signature grin and colored the gap. His soft lips met mine. After a few seconds I pulled away. "Babe. Kelley." I pointed to a sleeping Kelley beside me. Then I pointed to Tobin in the other bed. "Tobin. So be good." He gave me a puppy dog face and curled his bottom lip out. I leaned up and kissed him before getting out of bed.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I checked the clock. It was 7:15. I changed into a clean T-shirt and my soccer sweats. I gathered my bathroom stuff and packed it. I walked out and Kelley, Ben and Tobin were sitting on the couch, in that order. "

"Hi Li!" Kelley said. She was a little jumpy to me.

"Hey." Tobin said in her chill tone.

"Hey?" I said unsure of what had happened while I was gone. "What?" Kelley was smiling.

"Nothing."

I blew it off and gathered my dirty laundry. I glanced over and Kelley couldn't stop smiling. "Oh my gosh. Kelley what is it?"

"Nothing!" She yelled back.

"Guys some people are trying to sleep." I didn't even hear the door open. We turned around to find Hope standing in the doorway with Carli, Ali, Ash, and Alex.

"Umm how'd you get in?" I asked.

"Same way Ben did." Ali said.

I was thoroughly confused. "I forgot to ask but Ben how'd you get in?"

"Spare key." He grabbed his key from his pocket. "Receptionists don't need a lot of information." He smiled.

"Oh."

"Don't worry. We didn't let the whole team get a key to your room." Carli stated.

"Everyone's waiting. Hurry up." Ali said.

I was confused. "Wait what?" I asked. No one answered. They all grabbed my bags and walked out of the room.

I grabbed my laptop and phone and followed. They led me down to the lobby where the team was waiting.

"Hey Li. We all wanted to say goodbye before you left." Lauren started.

"Guys I'm gonna be back."

"Yeah well we wanted to say goodbye." Kelley snapped. I could tell she was having a hard time saying goodbye.

"Kel." I walked up to her and hugged her. She didn't let go. I mouthed, hold on a sec, to the team behind us. I sat Kelley down and said, "Kel. It's gonna be alright. I'll call you I promise."

"Okay. I'm just gonna miss you."

"I know. Me too. Me too." She held on for a few more minutes before letting go. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Lets eat!" Tobin yelled.

We ate together like normal. I was going to miss these team meals.

I watched Kelley as she got up and grabbed something from Hope. "We got you something. From us."

She handed me a envelope. Inside was a card signed by the team and a $1,000 dollar Visa Gift Card. "Guys. You didn't have to do this."

"No. We wanted to." Carli said.

"Thanks."

"Come on babe we've got to head out." Ben said.