Chapter 55: We're Ready

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I woke up early. Tomorrow was game day. Trainings had been going very well and we were all ready to play tomorrow. Today all we had was a light practice and a pre game meeting.

Hope was up in her bed when I woke up with her lap top on her bed taking notes about all the players.

"Good morning Li."

"Hey Hope. What's up?"

"You know. The usual. Breakfast is soon."

"I'll go get ready." I said. I went and changed into Ben's sweatshirt and Nike leggings. I brushed my hair and added the same UNC SnapBack from the other day. It was light grey with the baby blue logo and on the bil was a beach kind of design. I finished with light makeup and was ready to go. "Ready. Lets go. In starving."

"Alrighty then." Hope said and got off her bed and grabbed her phone before walking out the door.

We met up in the elevator with Tobin and Moe.

"Hey tarheel." Moe said.

"Hey cav." I said back.

"Li. I really need to get me one of these." Tobin said taking off my snapback. "Dude this one is fly."

"I have several more at home." I said.

"Bring me some."

"I will." I said.

"Hi guys. My night was great thanks for asking." Hope said.

"Geez. I'm sorry Hope." Tobin said.

"So how was your night?" Moe asked.

"Fine thanks." Hope said.

"Lose the sass. It's not necessary." I said. "Need to get out of this tiny elevator before someone explodes." I said walking off the elevator.

"Come Tobs! Can't be late." I yelled. Tobin came running behind me and jumped on my back.

"Giddy up horsey!" Tobin yelled. "Move!" She said and jabbed her heels into my sides.

I jumped and ran to the team room with her on my back. Once I got to the room I stopped and panted. Tobin wasn't the lightest thing to run with.

"Go! I want that seat!" Tobin yelled and pointed to a seat next to Alex.

"Tobin get the hell off of me." I said trying I hold in a laugh.

"Damn. Someone's salty." Ashlyn said.

"You try running from the elevator to here with her on your back." I insulted.

Tobin punched my back. "Jerk!"

I whipped around trying to throw her off of me but it only threw us both to the ground, me underneath Tobin. We both started hysterically laughing.

"Tobin get off. I can't breathe!" I yelled gasping between laughs for air.

"Tobin get off of her." Alex said.

"Fine. You're no fun." Tobin said and got up.

We all walked back to our table. We had practice in a few hours. The breakfast was scrumptious, I was diggin the Brazilian food.

"Good morning guys." Ali said as she walked and sat down at the table beside Ashlyn.

"Hey Ali." We all said.

We went and got our food and came to sit back down. Everyone was cheerful and excited for our game tomorrow.

We were all on our phones and carrying small talk.