Chapter 26: My Last Day Home

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I woke up early. It was my last day with Ben. I tip tied downstairs and true to be quiet out to the pool.

"Sneaking out eh?" It was the voice of Ali.

"I'm going,"

She cut me off. "I don't care what you're doing. Come here. Something's not right." I turned around and sat beside her on the couch. "So what's up?"

She extended my arms and I gladly accepted them. I sat with my head on Ali's shoulder and her arms around me. "Ali it's just that today's my last day with Ben. My last day home. And I don't know when I'll be back." I
Was trying to hold back the tears. I let one fall. "I've been dreading this day since I got her. I've tried to hide it but it's coming too fast."

"Hey. I understand. It'll be alright. I promise. You two will get through this. I know. Li you're strong. Ben's strong. And together you're unstoppable. And I'm here for you. Always. You can come to me with anything. I'll always try to help." She gave me area during hug.

"Thanks Ali. I it means a lot."

"Well Li, you mean a lot to me." She beamed her gorgeous smile at me. "You're my German best friend."

"Awe Kriegs."

"Remember you're the only one who understands me when I say this. 'Ich liebe dich so sehr, Li." She smiled at me and gave me a big hug.

"Ich liebe dich auch." I said in her ear.

She pulled away and asked me, "You better?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Sure. So where were you going?"

"How'd I know you were going to ask that? I was going to call Ben."

"Okay. I won't keep ya. You guys be good."

"Thanks Ali."

I got up ad walked out to the pool. I sat on the edge. I dialed his number.

He picked up on the first ring. "Hey babe."

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Just calling to tell you to come over. It's my last day." I almost started to cry.

"Don't baby. It's gonna be alright. I'll bring the boat."

"Yas. I was hoping you say that."

"I know you. We haven't been out in a while."

"Okay. See you soon."

"Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and walked back inside.

"Li!" It was Kelley and she was running at me.

"What?!" I said as I caught her.

"It's our last day."

"Yeah I know. Don't act too excited about it."

"What are we doing?"

"Ben's coming over and we're going boating."

"Lets go!" Tobin yelled walking up the basement stairs.

"We'll be ready soon." Kelley said and ran back upstairs.

Everyone scattered and I walked back upstairs. I put on my staples suit and put a pair of running shorts on the top. I put my hair in a bun and put my sunglasses on my head. I walked downstairs and met the team. They all had their suits on and were all chit chatty ready to leave. Ben pulled in and he had a tank and board shorts on. He pulled the boat in and we got in the cars and drove to the lake. Ben put the boat out on the water and we got in. True the boat wasn't big enough for all up us but we managed to fit.